JohnC

2010 Camaro SS

Rate this topic:

506 posts in this topic

I think part of the problem waiting to build the "perfect" combo is that the goal often moves.  Like John has lamented, the new stuff is faster than we'd have guessed several years ago.

66sprint6 likes this

9 minutes ago, Disney said:

John also knows this all too well. Recall the 4V 5.4 Sullivan TFS Exedy American Racing Parts sponsored purple people eater.

You're never going to let me live that down are you? :lol:

66sprint6 likes this

14 minutes ago, JohnC said:

You're never going to let me live that down are you? :lol:

I'm not ribbing you on it. I'm reminding you of what happens to projects when you try to jump the shark all in one bite. I've done it. Hell, I had to scrap the whole damn car over doing that!

66sprint6 and JohnC like this

I'm not ribbing you on it. I'm reminding you of what happens to projects when you try to jump the shark all in one bite. I've done it. Hell, I had to scrap the whole damn car over doing that!

Trust me. I learned my lesson.

That’s why I started out with small goals with this SS.

The blower will come though. It’s the only way to keep up with these cars nowadays. They advance so fast! We’re already seeing flat 12 to high 11 sec SS and GT’s! :stare:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disney likes this

Well, I got a day off yesterday, so I finally felt like I had the energy to do something.

I started swapping my valve springs and retainers off the TFS heads and put the Texas Speed PAC springs and TI Retainers on.

The valve seals looked the exact same, so I didn’t bother swapping those since they’re brand new anyway.

faabced7c607b3971805417da3e68c69.jpg

d6633dfa459979b9ce443b1ea4967f6a.jpg

fa6d9f5ba1a7f73b271795dcd71ff518.jpg

846ebfaacc9034f2780cbbd8f557af85.jpg

c0fc8dd1b17e363d2ed42afcdb2ebb6f.jpg

b80c3b659a60524d8a3b1d767cafe46c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ashley P, Cody, Tino and 2 others like this

Jut ordered:

Circle D 3200-3400 RPM 2B Converter: https://www.texas-speed.com/p-4365-circle-d-specialties-high-perfromance-gm-6l80-ls-torque-converter.aspx

Fuel Injector Clinic 850cc Injector Set (High-Z) #165-IS303-0850H https://www.texas-speed.com/p-5636-fuel-injector-clinic-850cc-injector-set-for-ls3-ls7-l76-l92-and-l99-engines-high-z.aspx

Camaro ZL1 fuel pump: https://www.texas-speed.com/p-5717-gm-camaro-zl1-high-output-fuel-pump.aspx

Got some new NGK TR55-IX Iridium plugs for the new heads, too.

So that about wraps it up. Just need pushrods since the ones that came with my kit are for stock heads and rocker arms. The TFS heads take a longer than stock (7.700) pushrod while the TSP roller rockers take about .140 shorter than stock pushrod. So by that math, I need approximately a 7.560 pushrod?

Anyway, I'll wait and measure before I order the pushrods.

Now I just need the time to do all this.

@Chris said I can borrow his garage. :love::bow: 

@Mike said he'd weld on the new wideband bungs on the Kooks exhaust. :love:  :bow:

@Tino Says he's all in to help! :love:  :bow:

Anyone else want to chip in, that'd be great. :w00t:

Cody, Disney and Tino like this

ZL1 fuel pump and spark plugs should be here Saturday. :yes:

TSP says the ID 850's and Circle D converter will be drop shipped, but I've not received an email saying when. :shrug:

14 minutes ago, shaft said:

Looking forward to seeing how this car does!  Lots of time and money, and really nice parts!

Tuning is going to be tough. Lots of changes at once. :meh:

Converter, Injectors, Cam, Heads, VCT limiter, DoD/AFM delete, LT's, fuel pump, etc.

shaft likes this

29 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Taking the car today to Disneyland. :yes:

Should be a fun ride back when done. :evild:

Did you have to rent a U-Haul to tote all the boxes along?   It's gonna be sweet...