Nostalgic1

Union Hill tonight?

40 posts in this topic

It's going to be hot and humid today, but I'm in for the Hill.

I get off at 5pm and have to battle Nashville Traffic all the way from the West End side of town, so I don't know exactly what time I'll hit the gate.

7 minutes ago, JohnC said:

It's going to be hot and humid today, but I'm in for the Hill.

I get off at 5pm and have to battle Nashville Traffic all the way from the West End side of town, so I don't know exactly what time I'll hit the gate.

Go north on Briley and get off at Whites creek pike.  Go north then right on OHB, then left on Lickton Pike right next to Whites Creek High School.  That will put you at the track and you won't have to deal with hardly any traffic. 

Cody and JohnC like this

Yeah it wont be a night for setting many personal bests but I cant wait to get up there anyways.  Its a good weekly stress reliever.

Matt

[Union Hill Announcer Voice]  Matt Allen pulling up to the line in the red mustang [/Union Hill Announcer Voice]

[Union Hill Announcer Voice]  Matt Allen with the win, 7.95 @91 [/Union Hill Announcer Voice]

66sprint6, Cody, Ashley P and 2 others like this

50 minutes ago, Mike said:

[Union Hill Announcer Voice]  Matt Allen pulling up to the line in the red mustang [/Union Hill Announcer Voice]

[Union Hill Announcer Voice]  Matt Allen with the win, 7.95 @91 [/Union Hill Announcer Voice]

Congrats Matt!

66sprint6 likes this

HA thanks guys!  Hot and slow night like last week, DA was 2262 at the time of that run so I wasnt expecting anything great.  I ran an 8.06 on my 2nd run of the night and laughed because I keep besting myself .01 at a time.  My last run didnt feel all that fast, thought I had gotten a little too aggressive off the line and on the 1-2 shift (embrace the hop).  The launch felt great and didnt spin like I was expecting, cut a 1.93 60 (best yet and still miserable) and the 1-2 still spun and hopped but it wasnt as bad as a couple prior runs.  I got the time slip and was like "no WAY that caddy ran a 7.9 and was that far behind me...oh wait, thats my lane!"  Thanks Mike for getting it on video, thats awesome!

JohnC, I havnt modded it in months...no wait, I put some lugnuts on it couple weeks ago :lol: .  I tossed my future mod list in the trash, but If I do anything anytime soon it will be lowering and an IRS cradle lockout kit.  Other than that, a clutch when it needs it and some ET Street R's might find their way into the mix but Im having a ton of fun as it is so im kinda ok with leaving it be, at least till the little one makes it's debut!  Getting into the 7's kinda scratched an itch Ive had for a very long time.  Now I know its possible, time to see if I can get there with any consistency!  Get your car sorted out, toss a bunch of that overtime $$$ you been busting your ass on into it and come join me, Ill happily try to head out anytime you get a chance and see your progress as it gets quicker and quicker!

Matt

Cody likes this