Nostalgic1

Union Hill tonight?

40 posts in this topic

Looks like beech bend is open, too:

Weather is looking great for Tuesday Night Street Drags! Gates will open at 5pm and racing at 6pm. $10 gets you in and $5 more gets you on the track! Kids 12&under FREE w/adult.

Ill be there tonight!  Would love to see the Raptor out there as well as getting to finally meet you in person JohnC and see how the tune is coming along.

Matt

JohnC likes this

Unfortunately, I have to work tonight. :(

I considered calling in since it is my day off, but I just didn't want to be that guy who agrees to work OT and then didn't show up for it. :meh:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It happens tho.  You need to come out tho sometime.  Maybe you could help the other L99 guys that always show up figure out their shifters and show the other 5th gen guys how to make a pass!

Matt

JohnC likes this

11 minutes ago, 66sprint6 said:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It happens tho.  You need to come out tho sometime.  Maybe you could help the other L99 guys that always show up figure out their shifters and show the other 5th gen guys how to make a pass!

Matt

I'd probably be the only one in a Gen5 Slomaro who could give you a good run for the money. :D

You catch me sleepin at that light (which I love to do LOL) then I will have to put in some work to catch you in time like that last L99 race.  If Im on my game, hell that Vette trapping 99 mph passed me only .03 seconds before I got to the finish.  I usually dont care bout my reaction time as Im concentrating on doing my best with the 60ft but its made quite a few races recently VERY interesting!!!  Im learning to not get excited by a car being out on my early on and blowing the tires off trying to keep up.  If I stick to the game plan I usually chase em down handily but sometimes I run outta room and it makes me wish it was a 1/4 mile!

Matt

JohnC likes this

I absolutely WOULD love the competition tho, makes things more interesting and adds some flair to the fun.  The best times I ever had in the past were nowhere near my quickest runs, but rather runs against coworkers and friends who wanted a piece of the BlueCoupe.  Bunch of slow Mustangs/Camaros out having a good time, worked for me then and Ide enjoy it just the same today so when your done working so much OT, take a Tues night off and lets have some fun!

Matt

JohnC likes this

If it doesn't rain during my week of in-service, I might be able to make it.

I think I'm scheduled 8am-5pm.

But I got to battle that Nashville traffic, so I know I definitely wouldn't make it there by 5pm sharp.

Tech doesnt open till 6 and racing rately gets rolling before 6:30 or so.  I usually leave the Boro by 5 or 5:15 and drive thru Nashville to get there by 6-6:15.

Matt

Decent, not great but not the worst its been.  From what ive been told they prep better on Tues nights now than Fri.  They prep near the tree decent and hit it again before any eliminations but dont do squat down the track that Ive seen.  Wont matter tho, you will be fine!  Im gonna try to be there if possible, the DA and temp will make for a slower night but oh well, a slow night racing is still a night racing!  Im gonna try to get out there and work on getting the launch and 1-2 shift to stick and try to make the best of the conditions.  If you end up going, hunt me down so I can check out the SS.  Will be fun to see how it runs too, especially if some of the other L99 cars come out like they have been recently!  Hell, if everyone is as slow as they were last Tues, you will be able to get some beatdowns in.  I lost a .10 but other 4.6, Coyote, LS and similar cars were running 9's, some even high 9's :lol:

Matt

This weekend, I have to get my car put back together and get back to the track.  I need some motivation.  Tomorrow, maybe I'll just come hang out at the track or race my truck.  I have parts to give to both of you, so maybe I'll plan to do that.

Ill be there.  Maybe yall can get some good logs in for your tune?  Gonna be hooot but it cools down quick up there once the sun goes down.

Matt

JohnC likes this

1 hour ago, Disney said:

I'm out of town this week, but next week i'd like to get the new hot rod up there and see what it'll do.

New? What is this new hotrod you speak of?