mstrpth

Rheinhardt Kennels - KY people come on in.

14 posts in this topic

I've never heard of them.  I used to do some work with a guy that trained personal defense and law enforcement dogs.  He was also a law enforcement officer.  Unfortunately, he passed away about 4 years ago.

Other than him, we have a place, outside of Paducah, called Elite K9.  I've heard good things about them.  I don't know if they sell dogs or just train them, though.

mstrpth likes this

I love a good GSD.   My brother and I both got female GSDs about 8 years ago.  $0 for a puppy.  Learned about 20 commands in 10 months, all except "stay out of the road".  Once the wife and kids were playing in the back yard when a pedestrian stopped in the driveway.  The dog noticed, went and sat between the wife and kids, and stared at the man.  He left.

My brother still has his dog. He just got a puppy.  My family stopped to visit and my hyper 3 year old was running and screaming with the puppy.  The old GSD would step between them.  That dog has only rarely been around my kids, but seemed to be protecting the child from the puppy.

I love that part of a GSD.

mstrpth likes this

i put a deposit down on a female today. it's about a 4 hour drive for me so i'll go out in a couple of weeks and look the place over. I can't take one home until the 8 week mark.

I've had a few mixed gsd before but never a pure bred one.  

My "Spare Dog" is a part German Shepherd.  We think he's also part pit bull.  He's old enough that he's a little skittish.  Both of our dogs are pretty much sissies. LOL

dogs.jpg

mstrpth likes this

first puppy was sold out from under us the morning we were leaving to get it.

Second puppy (month later) came down with parvo.

We're moving on to another breeder.

Ashley P likes this

15 minutes ago, Disney said:

That's some BS. I'd mail them a box full of dog turds.

the first one was bs but they tried to make it right with the second one. it coming down with parvo is just bad luck. either way, 2 strikes you out.