Cody

Knock sensor problems

6 posts in this topic

The intake gasket started leaking on my wife's suburban about a month back. No big deal, I went to change and while I was there I did the knock sensors and harness. Cleared all my codes and it was running great. Cleaned the intake and tb while I had it off and the runners on the heads.

We were coming back from the hospital after seeing one of friends who just gave birth. The check engine light came on. Just my luck. So when I get home I put the scanner on it and it says knock sensor bank 2 low circuit (or something along those lines). The knock sensors were brand new ac Delco sensors, same with the harness. Do you think I just got a bad knock sensor, a bad harness or the wiring from the harness to the pcm is bad? I'm not really sure what to do besides pull the intake and check everything out. But of course our wedding anniversary is tomorrow and I said no car stuff on our anniversary lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Check the plug on the ecm side of the harness for corrosion. Mine did the same thing, cleaned it and put some dielectric grease on it and no problems since I did it.

Cody likes this

Check the plug on the ecm side of the harness for corrosion. Mine did the same thing, cleaned it and put some dielectric grease on it and no problems since I did it.

I'll try that. Thank you

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I had scheduled to do a KS job and when I started disassembly I found a mouse nibbled wire on the ECM side of the KS connector.  And  I highly doubt you've got a bad sensor. 

Cody likes this