JohnC

2010 Camaro SS L99 A6 Tuning with HP Tuners

Rate this topic:

380 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Luckily, you seem to have no knock.  So you're pretty safe to beat on it.

Well, it looks pretty rich and idle is weird.

Hoping to figure out how to log correctly and get help with correcting those issues. 

Trying to add the extra stuff @gammey4 suggested now. 

So how do the credits work? Once I lock it to my car, I can tune as many times as I want?

Or each time I re-tune, I have to buy credits?

So how do the credits work? Once I lock it to my car, I can tune as many times as I want?

Or each time I re-tune, I have to buy credits?

You can also apply any enhancements to it without being charged credits. 2 bar sd, 3 bar etc.

JohnC likes this

Posted (edited)

Back when I had the fox anytime I filled up at any exxon my car ran like ****. It would pop and knock. 

Does the Car feels any different, idle better?

Edited by Tino

4 hours ago, Tino said:

Back when I had the fox anytime I filled up at any exxon my car ran like ****. It would pop and knock. 

Does the Car feels any different, idle better?

I've not tuned it yet. I was just doing logs and going through them at home.

I'm still trying to figure out where to even start with the tuning process. :lol: 

Another from Log_3

Knock_Retard_2.jpg

Any idea what's going on here?

I'm running 93 Pump from Exxon....

That's from the maf reading wrong. Short term is taking fuel, long term is adding some back in. It honestly could be a difference in ethanol content between the fuels. You can log what the ethanol content is seeing. High vacuum, low load like the screen shot shows should handle the 30 degrees of timing it was asking for. 3 degrees of kr isn't anything to really loose sleep over. Wish I could actually watch the log to see if that's real knock or just burst knock (you can add that to your logs also)

I bought some NAWZ octane booster for race day today for insurance. Says it'll add up to a full 3.1 points.

Wish I'd had time to get started on a tune before today's track meet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought some NAWZ octane booster for race day today for insurance. Says it'll add up to a full 3.1 points.

Wish I'd had time to get started on a tune before today's track meet.

Get a good baseline and then you can really see the changes. Log all your runs if you can.

Get a good baseline and then you can really see the changes. Log all your runs if you can.

I think I got 2 or 3 1/4 mile logs in Sport mode. :yes:

Will post it up later. :up:

Cody likes this

As long as you don't change those logging channels, you don't need to save or post that.  Just once so whoever views it knows what was logged.  You can just post the log files.

JohnC likes this

Talked to a tuner that's big on Camaro5 via PM today.

He says the Vararam intakes cause too much turbulence, to junk it for a different CAI.

Thoughts?

Can you see that in my log files?

You would have to correct for it first and then see what the maf curve looks like. I'd personally tune for it and go from there. If you do decide to change it out, just reflash the maf back to stock. Next time you log add your stft and ltft to a separate graph each. Use map vs rpm as the table. Under vehicle controls reset the ltft before you start. Try and fill as many cells on the table as you can using steady throttle input. Once your done take a screenshot of each so I can look.

Disney and JohnC like this

6 hours ago, gammey4 said:

I'm going to look at your logs tonight John

Thanks! :up:

I've been working so much OT that I haven't had time to work on tuning.

Basically, after this weekend, I'll have worked a month worth of hours in 2 weeks. :dead: 

Oh, btw, no logs, but when it got real cold (20F to 30F), part throttle I felt the car buck/stutter a few times.

I'm positive light throttle at any speed, especially interstate speeds, the car is lean. 

Your need to tune for that intake pretty bad. It looks like most of the 4,000 and up rpm area is pretty close. If you look at the second log you posted at 9:39:43.112 your commanding -4.0 degrees timing.

Cody likes this

11 hours ago, gammey4 said:

Your need to tune for that intake pretty bad. It looks like most of the 4,000 and up rpm area is pretty close. If you look at the second log you posted at 9:39:43.112 your commanding -4.0 degrees timing.

I'm a total n00b starting from nothing. I have no manual on how to tune yet. Online, there just isn't much info. HPT forum is no real help.

What does -4.0 degrees timing tell you? Common sense tells me too lean and retarding because of knock....

Keep in mind, I was running Exxon 93 pump with NOS octane stuff that supposed to add 3.1 full octane points, so I bet it's off more than this shows. :meh:

http://www.nosperformancechemicals.com/