JohnC

2010 Camaro SS L99 A6 Tuning with HP Tuners

Rate this topic:

383 posts in this topic

Well, got my Flex Fuel sensor kit yesterday.

Time to open a new can of worms. :fear::panic:

Once i install it, I've got to figure out E85 timing adder and get it fueling right.

Any tips? :love:

DSX Tuning guy already turned on the Flex Fuel stuff in my latest tune...

Main thing is a GOOD TUNE! I installed myself and made the adjustments Dave provided to just turn the critter on. There are half-assed and the right was to tune for E85. The half-assed is just to populate the PE table with 4-6* timing and you'll feel the difference E85 makes, and could be satisfied that way. Then there's populating the E85 timing (adder) table that is the right way. It pulls timing low-load and adds high-load. That also makes for a smoother running engine and better economy (if you even car about that in our muscle cars). GL!

The Flex tune starting point:

flex.hpt

You're gonna run E-85 in a non-flex fuel car??   GM used to put a LOT of different parts on a FF car, mostly due to making the system durable for alcohol use. 

4 hours ago, Ashley P said:

You're gonna run E-85 in a non-flex fuel car??   GM used to put a LOT of different parts on a FF car, mostly due to making the system durable for alcohol use. 

These new cars are already good for alky. They have to be. E10 to E15 is all over the USA.

Post 2005+ vehicles should have no problem with alky. That's when the good ol' US Govt mandated ethanol be blended in our gasoline.

I've seen multiple cars on Camaro5 that have lived 3 or more years on E85, so no biggie.

Plus...

The sensor will allow me to run a tank of E85 and then switch back to 93 pump if I want.

I don't have to run it 100% of the time.

Thats the way to go!  I filled up with 93 last night because I was nowhere near a station with E85 (whoops).  Nice to be able to go either direction whenever the need arises!  Get it right and you will love E85!

Matt

55 minutes ago, JohnC said:

These new cars are already good for alky. They have to be. E10 to E15 is all over the USA.

That logic wasn't what GM engineers used years ago.  Systems were vastly different for Flex fuel than "normal" (e10).   I'm 10 years out of the loop, so maybe the new stuff is all tolerant of any blend.

11 hours ago, gammey4 said:

That’s a good math to use for general purposes when you start tuning the virtual torque tables. Have you got your maf tuning in line yet? Ready to move on to spark?

MAF we got dialed in. We can go to spark whenever you have time. :up:

Disney likes this