JohnC

2010 Camaro SS L99 A6 Tuning with HP Tuners

Rate this topic:

368 posts in this topic

@gammey4

Are we close to the performance side of the tuning yet?

The car runs a lot stronger than stock for sure.

1st, 2nd and 3rd gear WOT is much improved.

I think we need to do whatever was done on the 1st. 2nd and 3rd gear to the upper gears. Timing, TQ management, shift time, etc? There was a shift around 130mph that felt soft like stock, but I was in sport mode.

Not that I'll be driving there or racing at those speeds often, but it felt like the tune hadn't reached the top end if that makes sense.

What do we go to remove the top speed limiter? I know the tires on my junk are rated good to 168mph.

Let's make some extra powa and speed! :hyper:

@gammey4

Are we close to the performance side of the tuning yet?

The car runs a lot stronger than stock for sure.

1st, 2nd and 3rd gear WOT is much improved.

I think we need to do whatever was done on the 1st. 2nd and 3rd gear to the upper gears. Timing, TQ management, shift time, etc? There was a shift around 130mph that felt soft like stock, but I was in sport mode.

Not that I'll be driving there or racing at those speeds often, but it felt like the tune hadn't reached the top end if that makes sense.

What do we go to remove the top speed limiter? I know the tires on my junk are rated good to 168mph.

Let's make some extra powa and speed! :hyper:

I'm still waiting for you to let me know when you'll be off. I'd honestly rather do the vast majority of it with you so I can show/explain why and what I'm doing. Right now besides being in the Reserves I have a full time job, a part time job and go to school full time. Other than minor tweaks I want to get it all knocked out in one shot.

JohnC and 66sprint6 like this

Brake TQ limit. Have we adjusted it yet?

Comparing files hunting for faster ET and more powa:

Our tune:

Brake_tw_limit_1.jpg

Downloaded tune

Brake_tw_limit_2.jpg

That table is when you hold the brake and throttle at the same time so the engine doesn't overpower the brakes. Feel free to max it out if you want to do a massive burnout. Or just turn off the traction control. You'll use that table when you get good tires and are fine tuning your 60 foot.

And 5th and 6th in your trans tune are stock.

JohnC likes this

I'll let you know when my next day pff is that we can knock it all out.

Thanks for the help, Brian! :up:

Ok just let me know. Didn't mean to come off as rude or hateful. You know the goal we gotta hit!

13 hours ago, gammey4 said:

Ok just let me know. Didn't mean to come off as rude or hateful. You know the goal we gotta hit!

You didn't. :cool:

So how about we meet up with @Mike and hit Beech Bend raceway?

Perfect place to tune some WOT as well and get everything wrapped-up! :up:

I'll pay your way in and buy your grub whenever you want to eat.. :love:

You didn't. :cool:

So how about we meet up with @Mike and hit Beech Bend raceway?

Perfect place to tune some WOT as well and get everything wrapped-up! :up:

I'll pay your way in and buy your grub whenever you want to eat.. :love:

What time? I can't stay out super late, gotta get up at 3:45 for work.

11 minutes ago, gammey4 said:

What time? I can't stay out super late, gotta get up at 3:45 for work.

Gates open at 5pm, so I guess we could meet-up at 4pm someplace like TN Speed Sport in Rivergate and cruise up to Beech Bend?

@gammey4

If today isn't good for you or going to KY track is too far, we can just try another time and place. Maybe at a more local track like the hill. :shrug:

Or, I can run it anyway and just post my logs here as I go and you can eye them from home.

If you cant do BB tonight go to the Hill instead.  I wanna see that sucker ironed out and if I had any way of helping I would do so BUUUUTTTT I cant tune anything ever...carb or EFI so Im worthless to you right now.

Matt

@gammey4

What do you think of the upper rpm and higher airmass areas of the spark v airmass between your tune and this one?

We already fixed the negative timing on the left side, but I see a bit more timing on the right side of the 2nd one.

Your tune:

Spark_v_Airmass_Gammey_Tune.jpg

other tune file

Spark_v_Airmass_CF.jpg

Should I copy over the areas that have more timing? Or will that screw up fueling and cause more knock?

@gammey4

What do you think of the upper rpm and higher airmass areas of the spark v airmass between your tune and this one?

We already fixed the negative timing on the left side, but I see a bit more timing on the right side of the 2nd one.

Your tune:

Spark_v_Airmass_Gammey_Tune.jpg

other tune file

Spark_v_Airmass_CF.jpg

Should I copy over the areas that have more timing? Or will that screw up fueling and cause more knock?

.68 airmass and up peak torque you want 23 at the most and 25 at peak horsepower. I took today off work. Give me a few and I'll post some changes for ya.

JohnC likes this