JohnC

2010 Camaro SS L99 A6 Tuning with HP Tuners

Rate this topic:

375 posts in this topic

Well, I'm about to attempt to start tuning this SS.

First thing I'm going to do is get a cold start and idle log and try to fix the idle issues.

It idles down and runs like it is missing or has a mild cam. It does this cold and at normal operating temps.

An earlier scan with the MATCO showed something like 10% rich condition at times. I'm positive its the VARARAM intake confusing the MAF.

If any of you know how to tune with HP, I could use all the tips and help you can offer. :yes:

If you know anyone willing to chime in here and help, send them a link here. :up:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's all in the scanner. Learn how to setup your graphs and it's pretty simple after that. You need to make a maf error graph and log that. Then you will do the same with your virtual ve map. Then you can start logging knock retard, and start adding some timing to it.

JohnC likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mike said:

You have to post your log configuration also for others to see everything correctly 

Where the heck is that? :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What software version do you have?

In the scanner, on the left side where it has the "channels" and shows values while recording, there is a file, save etc.  Do a save as to your desktop.  It will be something.cfg.

 

Here is the one I use.

Engine Config_0.cfg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mike said:

What software version do you have?

In the scanner, on the left side where it has the "channels" and shows values while recording, there is a file, save etc.  Do a save as to your desktop.  It will be something.cfg.

 

Here is the one I use.

Engine Config_0.cfg

3/3/2017 6:19:51 PM
VCM Suite Product: VCM Scanner 3.4.74

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The list on the left side of the screen. Click the icon that looks like a floppy disk. Save that to your desktop or anywhere you can find it easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, gammey4 said:

The list on the left side of the screen. Click the icon that looks like a floppy disk. Save that to your desktop or anywhere you can find it easily.

Found it. Just posted it above your post. :up:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, gammey4 said:

It will be .cfg file

When I save as with the icon Mike circled, it only saves as an XML file. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

When I save as with the icon Mike circled, it only saves as an XML file. 

Yeah,  I think that is because of the new version, but it works too.  Your just using the base configuration, but it gammey doesn't have that he can't see all your parameters.  I wish I could help you, you have a fair amount of LTFT and some STFT built up that you could use.  I'm not sure how to create that maf error graph, but that't what is probably going to help you the most.  

Did you get the $400 hp tuners or the pro with the external input?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mike said:

Yeah,  I think that is because of the new version, but it works too.  Your just using the base configuration, but it gammey doesn't have that he can't see all your parameters.  I wish I could help you, you have a fair amount of LTFT and some STFT built up that you could use.  I'm not sure how to create that maf error graph, but that't what is probably going to help you the most.  

Did you get the $400 hp tuners or the pro with the external input?

MPVI Standard $499 version https://www.hptuners.com/order.php

VCM Suite

VCM Suite is designed for both the home enthusiast and the professional tunershop. Includes VCM Editor and VCM Scanner! 8 credits are included which is enough to tune at least two vehicles and in some cases, four or more vehicles!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gammey4 said:

You just loaded the sae defaults when you connected?

I just did the default crap because I'm a newb and doing this blindly. I just got the tuner UPS next day air from Summit Racing today. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I just did the default crap because I'm a newb and doing this blindly. I just got the tuner UPS next day air from Summit Racing today. :lol:

Nothing wrong with doing that. I'm in Belize right now so I can't help you much until I get home. You need to add some channels, maf hertz and dynamic airflow. I just tried to download the graphs I have from Dropbox but I can't get it here. The error charts will make it super easy to get your car squared away. The banish DVD would help a lot for you, it covers mostly basic things you need to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.