JohnC

Music City Raceway / Union Hill Open 12 Noon!

29 posts in this topic

Holy crap this car is slow! :lol:

Granted it's untuned and I sat in the staging lanes with the ac on no cool down, but damn I expected better.

3e5eaebecb2468e3a2fd7a521d79a363.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cody likes this

Ran a 8.80 with traction control on. It was trying to spin like the last run, so I know that was killing my ET.

Pics and vids coming.

Cody likes this

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

Get yours running on 6 cylinders, then I can compete. :lol:

Fixed!  lol

What, was the mighty LS in a tropical depression, or cat 5 hurricane eye, maybe track air 200*F??  Or was the pedal 1/2 way down to bait old folks with old cars (like me)?  

Anyway, I bet you had fun, and you've got some untapped potential.  Both are good deals, IMO.  I'd give you a thumbs up emoticon but my smoke signal converter is slow right now...

The track was probably really bad up there with all those street cars.  It's normally junk without street cars.  You'll get a much better 60' at BG.  You should be able to leave with full throttle there.

In my car, I do my burnout, stage in sport mode on the trans, bring the rpm up to about 1200 and mat it on the last yellow.  You'll have to play with what rpm and how quick you can get into the throttle.  1bad6t6 did a 1.90 60' on street tires there last week once he figured out how quick (or slowly) he could roll into the throttle.

I guess I can look at it like this...... The SS runs about the same as the modded and tuned GT I got rid of and the SS is damn near bone stock. No tune and running rich because of that CAI. Once I get some mods and a tune, I expect that ET to drop pretty quickly. :yes:

Cody and higherpowerracing like this

Oh yeah, it hit about 74F up there.

I never shut the car off, had the AC on the whole time -- until the last run.

Last run, I popped the hood and shut it off as much as I could.

Temp gauge by the time I lined up was right back to normal, so that did no good.

The air getting a bit cooler around 4:15pm helped some I think.

DANGIT!!!!  Sundays are tough for me to make it out there but had I known you were headed up I mighta tried!!!  Baselines are baselines, now get it tuned, get some traction and itll drop those times considerably!!!  Im in the same boat, hopefully had the same potential stock as my Coupe did built up and tuned.  Now its time to get it to hook up and see what its capable of!

Matt

JohnC likes this

Tires will help you out 

Yeah, though it doesn't spin too much even with traction control off.

I was racing with a full tank of gas, so that might of helped.

I would get a tune in place now so you can enjoy it till then.  Then drive it whenever, race it, have fun with it and mod it slowly along the way till it is what you eventually want it to be...even if its never truly "done" lol.  I love my GT for that very reason.  I can have fun with it NOW and slowly put some work into it to make it a little quicker or handle better etc.  These cars already perform really well as it is unlike their predecessors.  The BlueCoupe was a DOG when I first bought it as was your GT Im sure and both took quite a bit of work to get them to where these cars are as they sit!

I still miss the Coupe and had alot of fun getting it to where it was and will do it again soon I hope but till then, this new fangled car will scratch the itch just fine.

Matt

JohnC likes this

7 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

I would get a tune in place now so you can enjoy it till then.  Then drive it whenever, race it, have fun with it and mod it slowly along the way till it is what you eventually want it to be...even if its never truly "done" lol.  I love my GT for that very reason.  I can have fun with it NOW and slowly put some work into it to make it a little quicker or handle better etc.  These cars already perform really well as it is unlike their predecessors.  The BlueCoupe was a DOG when I first bought it as was your GT Im sure and both took quite a bit of work to get them to where these cars are as they sit!

I still miss the Coupe and had alot of fun getting it to where it was and will do it again soon I hope but till then, this new fangled car will scratch the itch just fine.

Matt

My GT was a high 9sec to low 10sec 1/8 mile car stock in the humid summer heat at the hill. A whopping 15sec 1/4 mile beast! :yuck:

But back in the day (80's and 90's), that's where most of us had to start -- high 14's to low 15's.

These cats nowadays just don't know how much work it was just to get in the 13's. I had to do a motor swap, trans swap, bolt-ons, gears, and tune to get mid 13's. :lol:

3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

My GT was a high 9sec to low 10sec 1/8 mile car stock in the humid summer heat at the hill. A whopping 15sec 1/4 mile beast! :yuck:

But back in the day (80's and 90's), that's where most of us had to start -- high 14's to low 15's.

In about 1996 my buddy had a Monte Carslow SS and  GTs picked on him like a redheaded stepchild.lol  Then he put $1200 into a 350 and enjoyed  ( :evild: )  turning the tables.  His car ran right about 9.20ish @ 80ish to do that.