JohnC

Track Meet-ups 2017

100 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Not sure if i can manage BB anytime soon but I know the cars been 8.4s and ide like to see low 8's to high 7's maybe even lower with traction.  Not sure what that would be in the 1/4, low 12's maybe?  Ill keep an eye on this thread and if I can make BB Ill be there!  If not, Ill be at the Hill when it opens up during the week.

Matt

Sounds like you're going to smoke me! :lol:

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Sounds like you're going to smoke me! :lol:

Maybe maybe not!  Last time out I struggled with consistency and found my clutch to be very unhappy.  Clutch protection went mad on me and killed my runs.  Now with that BS turned off I can only hope my times will get better IF my clutch doesnt decide to call it quits.  With you being auto and probably looking at better traction/better launch I will have to be on my game unless I pick up some slicks.  First time out will tell if slicks or clutch will be my next purchase.

Matt

JohnC likes this

23 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Maybe maybe not!  Last time out I struggled with consistency and found my clutch to be very unhappy.  Clutch protection went mad on me and killed my runs.  Now with that BS turned off I can only hope my times will get better IF my clutch doesnt decide to call it quits.  With you being auto and probably looking at better traction/better launch I will have to be on my game unless I pick up some slicks.  First time out will tell if slicks or clutch will be my next purchase.

Matt

I'm pretty sure you'll smoke me.

These auto 5th gen's only ran a best of about 13.1 stock.

Real world, some have been slower.

It only has a catback and CAI, which it needs a tune for because it's running rich. :meh:

Trying to pull mega OT to get some LT's, HFC's, DOD delete with VCT cam and a tune.

But I won't have that done by race day, so it'll be on the untuned setup.

Guess I can use that for a baseline to gauge the improvements on as I mod.

Itll be good to get a baseline of sorts!  Then when the mods come in and you get used to driving it (wont be too bad being an auto) you can see your improvements.  Get it to hook and itll be quick as is, get it to hook with those mods and itll be alot of fun!

Matt

4 hours ago, JohnC said:

I'm pretty sure you'll smoke me.

These auto 5th gen's only ran a best of about 13.1 stock.

Real world, some have been slower.

It only has a catback and CAI, which it needs a tune for because it's running rich. :meh:

Trying to pull mega OT to get some LT's, HFC's, DOD delete with VCT cam and a tune.

But I won't have that done by race day, so it'll be on the untuned setup.

Guess I can use that for a baseline to gauge the improvements on as I mod.

why don't you just get with @gammey4 and let him get you a tune for what you have now. You can retune later once you have some mods.

Cody and 66sprint6 like this

1 hour ago, Disney said:

why don't you just get with @gammey4 and let him get you a tune for what you have now. You can retune later once you have some mods.

I just want to see what it'll do as is. 

Plus, I'd rather wait until I get the mods done before I tune it to save money because I'm not rich. 

I'm not DD'ing this thing. The TDI pulls that duty. :yes: 

I just want to see what it'll do as is. 

Plus, I'd rather wait until I get the mods done before I tune it to save money because I'm not rich. 

I'm not DD'ing this thing. The TDI pulls that duty. :yes: 

Credits are $100. Just saying.

Disney, Cody and JohnC like this

You could pick up a fair amount of power from just a tune and some trans tweaks would make it feel better.

Read about overfilling the trans.  It's important on the 6l90e for drag racing.  I'm sure it's needed on the 6L80e too.  You can upgrade the filter also to the 90e or truck part.

If its at all possible to put something together tune wise to make that thing happy for now, cheap, then I wouldnt hesitate!  Get it running right and happy and then use that as your baseline before you go from simple bolt-ons to the full bolt-ons/cam setup.

Matt

JohnC likes this

Ok, who's 100% in at this point?

I'm in. :yes: 

I won't be back in country until the 18th of march.

11 hours ago, Mike said:

In for what?  March 4th at beech bend?  I'll be there.

Yes! :w00t:

Where and what time do you want to meet up to cruise up there?

Tino likes this

9 hours ago, gammey4 said:

I won't be back in country until the 18th of march.

Well, I'll check my schedule and see when we can do another so we can all meet up again. :D

Im a maybe, Coyotes run in packs, cant leave a fellow Coyote to run on his own with the LS boys lol.

If I cant make it happen this time we will all need to hit up the Hill again when I can.  I wanna see what I can muster in the 1/4 but that Sat may be tough.

Matt

10 hours ago, dr.art said:

Count me in on this one

i will have to see how the 14 will run

9 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Im a maybe, Coyotes run in packs, cant leave a fellow Coyote to run on his own with the LS boys lol.

If I cant make it happen this time we will all need to hit up the Hill again when I can.  I wanna see what I can muster in the 1/4 but that Sat may be tough.

Matt

Do it!!!! :hyper:

Will the hill be open this Friday?