JRANGER

65 Coupe to Fastback "Phoenix"

Rate this topic:

297 posts in this topic

Ok i have it fitting better now. I actually didnt realize you could lower the hinge some. So its pretty even now except that bottom corner and i need to figure out how to get the drivers corner to fit better still. Ill probably have to cut the metal and raise it up a bit

20171125_152210.jpg

mstrpth, Ashley P and 66sprint6 like this

Got a ton more fitment to do but im thinking i might just go ahead and run 80 grit over the whole car this weekend and get it sanded down somewhat even. So much stuff to do and my adhd has me all over as usual

Edited by JRANGER
66sprint6 likes this

6 minutes ago, 66sprint6 said:

Its a huge project but will be really cool and really personal when done so do all you can to stay motivated and keep on it!

Matt

With your car gone to Disneys your welcome to come help anytime you get bored! LOL

Ashley P and 66sprint6 like this

Heck yeah!!!  Just as soon as I get done putting together all this baby stuff we got at the shower...and then find a place to put it...and then find a place to put the baby...and then...and then...

LOL

Crap.  Gonna be a busy Christmas season!  Ide love to get out there and see the old inlinev8swapped coupeback eleanoronaearliergeneration bastard of awesomeness in person.  Its my kinda project and I still cant wait to see it up and cruising the streets making people scratch their heads and pissin off the purists!  

Matt

JRANGER and Ashley P like this

2 hours ago, JRANGER said:

20171201_170812.jpg

I hate to break it to you, but that's NOT a Mustang, that's an Appaloosa!   AceMadeALady.jpg

But it's still lookin' good!

Edited by Ashley P
JRANGER and Disney like this

Well i finished sanding the exterior and found a little bondo at the bottom of the rear glass. Nothing crazy, a little surface rust on the roof.

20171202_141659.jpg20171202_141652.jpg20171202_141639.jpg

Afterwards it was time to replace the hinge on the bottom of the drivers door and adjust everything. I spent over an hour getting this gap and fitment right...IT is a pain in the ass!! On top of that the hinge gets hung if opened all the way and i have to tap it with a hammer to break free. Will a little grease fix that?
20171202_160848.jpg

mstrpth and Ashley P like this

after further inspection....Theres a lot of rust inside the door on the drivers side. So to be thorough i ordered a dynacorn for from KYMustang. They have a nice 7% Sale (Holiday17) and cheap prices....Out the door shipped it was $316 which beats everyone. Free shipping to TN helped 

1 minute ago, Disney said:

A whole door?!!  Ballsy! Let us know how it fits.

I did my research and asked the VMF crowd about it and everyone said Dynacorn fit really really well. So here is to hoping i get a good one 

Ashley P likes this

i installed my heater in the garage and it works enough to make the garage workable. Also got the door allined but my striker is too low. So its soaking in some wd40. Hopefully i can get it loose20180113_122306.jpg20180113_122322.jpg

66sprint6 likes this

Well i got the striker adjusted but now the bottom sits in. I pulled the bottom put as far as i can on the hinge. Maybe im thinking wrong and need to push the back end in on the bottom to fix it.20180114_095615.jpg

13 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Blah...I hate fitting body panels so I was hoping you werent going to have too much trouble!  

Matt

Well i dont have door weatherstrip in yet so it may not be that bad yet. Im going to put that on with some masking tape then check again.

Edited by JRANGER
66sprint6 likes this

Well some progress. Taped on the door weatherstrip and the bottom fits now but the top is out so more adjustment.

Started to dissasemble the engine but then i couldnt find my 15mm socket and i couldnt break the head bolts free. Blah

Made more adjustments on the front and got the fitment better. Still have a ways to go 

20180127_092855.jpg20180127_101059.jpg

Motor tear down and cleanup are...for whatever reason, super fun to me.  Taking a nasty, caked up sludgy POS and making it clean and ready for more abuse can be therapeutic for sure.

Matt 

JRANGER likes this

3 minutes ago, 66sprint6 said:

Motor tear down and cleanup are...for whatever reason, super fun to me.  Taking a nasty, caked up sludgy POS and making it clean and ready for more abuse can be therapeutic for sure.

Matt 

This is my first time so a bit of a learning curve. Got to the heads was like...um hmmmmmmmm had to you tube a few things and figure out i didnt need to remove the anything but head bolts. So far i like it.  already scored some procomp heads for it so :)

66sprint6 likes this