JRANGER

65 Coupe to Fastback "Phoenix"

Rate this topic:

183 posts in this topic

Ok i have it fitting better now. I actually didnt realize you could lower the hinge some. So its pretty even now except that bottom corner and i need to figure out how to get the drivers corner to fit better still. Ill probably have to cut the metal and raise it up a bit

20171125_152210.jpg

66sprint6, Ashley P and mstrpth like this

Got a ton more fitment to do but im thinking i might just go ahead and run 80 grit over the whole car this weekend and get it sanded down somewhat even. So much stuff to do and my adhd has me all over as usual

Edited by JRANGER
66sprint6 likes this

6 minutes ago, 66sprint6 said:

Its a huge project but will be really cool and really personal when done so do all you can to stay motivated and keep on it!

Matt

With your car gone to Disneys your welcome to come help anytime you get bored! LOL

Ashley P and 66sprint6 like this

Heck yeah!!!  Just as soon as I get done putting together all this baby stuff we got at the shower...and then find a place to put it...and then find a place to put the baby...and then...and then...

LOL

Crap.  Gonna be a busy Christmas season!  Ide love to get out there and see the old inlinev8swapped coupeback eleanoronaearliergeneration bastard of awesomeness in person.  Its my kinda project and I still cant wait to see it up and cruising the streets making people scratch their heads and pissin off the purists!  

Matt

JRANGER and Ashley P like this

2 hours ago, JRANGER said:

20171201_170812.jpg

I hate to break it to you, but that's NOT a Mustang, that's an Appaloosa!   AceMadeALady.jpg

But it's still lookin' good!

Edited by Ashley P
JRANGER and Disney like this

Well i finished sanding the exterior and found a little bondo at the bottom of the rear glass. Nothing crazy, a little surface rust on the roof.

20171202_141659.jpg20171202_141652.jpg20171202_141639.jpg

Afterwards it was time to replace the hinge on the bottom of the drivers door and adjust everything. I spent over an hour getting this gap and fitment right...IT is a pain in the ass!! On top of that the hinge gets hung if opened all the way and i have to tap it with a hammer to break free. Will a little grease fix that?
20171202_160848.jpg

Ashley P and mstrpth like this