JRANGER

65 Coupe to Fastback "Phoenix"

Rate this topic:

173 posts in this topic

Went out to the boro and  picked up a 351w to tear down to build from Art. Always fun to see other guys garage and projects. Manage to swing by and talk to matt a bit too. Very nice cars all around....made me jealous of both of them20171014_134959.jpg

Edited by JRANGER
Ashley P, Cody and 66sprint6 like this

1 hour ago, JRANGER said:

Went out to the boro and  picked up a 351w to tear down to build from Art. Always fun to see other guys garage and projects. Manage to swing by and talk to matt a bit too. Very nice cars all around....made me jealous of both of them20171014_134959.jpg

Judging by the CB, did you get a 2nd gen Trans Am too?

66sprint6 and JRANGER like this

Mine rode home in the back of Jeff's truck whooooooooooooooooooooops :lol:

Nice to meet you too Jeff, thanks for the old parts, even if they dont get put to use, someone out there might need em down the road.  Till then they will make good garage art LOL

Matt

On 10/14/2017 at 6:59 PM, Ashley P said:

Judging by the CB, did you get a 2nd gen Trans Am too?

Haha, Just call me the Bandit from here on out

On 10/15/2017 at 8:00 PM, dr.art said:

Both Jeff and Matt got new CB's today good buddy , 10-4 over and out.

:) Might just put it in the old truck and see what my mom says when i give it back to her

15 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Mine rode home in the back of Jeff's truck whooooooooooooooooooooops :lol:

Nice to meet you too Jeff, thanks for the old parts, even if they dont get put to use, someone out there might need em down the road.  Till then they will make good garage art LOL

Matt

LOL!!! Was nice to finally put faces and shoot the **** a little. Happy to help when i can, certainly werent going to do me any good

JohnC and 66sprint6 like this

Got my 2 ton hoist and engine stand assembled. Pulled the engine out of the back of the truck and now i just need to go buy some bolts for the stand20171028_135014.jpg

Edited by JRANGER
JohnC likes this

Got my 2 ton hoist and engine stand assembled. Pulled the engine out of the back of the truck and now i just need to go buy some bolts for the stand20171028_135014.jpg

Freaking sweet!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Well finally finished welding the bottom of the quarters. Grinded more on the cowl, and did my seam sealer under the trunk floor area. Now i need to do more paint, rust encapsulator, and bondo work

66sprint6 likes this

Well im on STAY-Cation most of next week so im going to get a few extra days in on the car. Lets hope i can be moderately productive and get some work done. Im hoping to start reassembling and fitting the fiberglass panels

66sprint6 likes this

Well im getting things fitted but im having some issues with the front especially on the passenger side. Ive actually got the rocker a little high but it just a few screws holding it on for the moment but you can see what its looking like23456625_10159518166660521_1648182704608183999_o (1).jpg

23550186_10159518166565521_6133167742760228204_o.jpg23406009_10159518166870521_8250648767302919600_o.jpg

Ashley P, JohnC, mstrpth and 1 other like this

Spent the day working on getting the front to fit better. Took Rich's advice from MTF and drilled out all the front spot welds and pushed the fenders out about 1/4" on the bottoms and now have a much better fit. Still going to need some filler and work but not nearly as much. 

JohnC and 66sprint6 like this

Worked on more fitment today on the fender wells and got everything where i want it. Now i need to start prepping and get out the bondo to really start proper fitment. Also finally coated the actual inside of the trunk with Rust Encapsulator but my whole garage smells of fumes so im taking a break to let it air out a bit. Keeping the garage door closed due to the colder weather really kill it when your in the back

JohnC likes this

Yeah I hear ya!  My smaller 2 car gets smelly quick with the door closed.  It gets that way with the door and windows open lol.  Keep the updates coming!

Matt

38 minutes ago, 66sprint6 said:

Yeah I hear ya!  My smaller 2 car gets smelly quick with the door closed.  It gets that way with the door and windows open lol.  Keep the updates coming!

Matt

I don't have that problem. 

66sprint6 likes this

Heck no you dont.  Maybe whenever you get the 66 from me Ill come over and paint some stuff...you know...take advantage of your well ventilated, spacious work place!

Matt

Disney likes this

lol, well i went out yesterday and the garage still stunk of fumes but i decided to just clean the garage and organize a little then i added the second coat...Yeah, the garage is still reaking this morning

On 11/15/2017 at 1:53 PM, Disney said:

I don't have that problem. 

^ Shoot, he's got a one car garage and a beer fridge.  He just drinks until it's spacious.  lol

66sprint6 likes this