JRANGER

65 Coupe to Fastback "Phoenix"

Rate this topic:

134 posts in this topic

t want to get carried away and do too much work with the body kit before i ran my new stianless gas and break lines. Just that way when its harder to get under i didn't struggle

19477744_10158900651575521_8762569183545615998_o.jpg

Then i did some grinding to get the side scoops to fit better. Just some minor grinding on the lip

19693487_10158906089065521_3607258763352638906_o.jpg

66sprint6 and Cody like this

So today i finally wire wheel above the rear axle. Then i used the metal brake i bought to make patches for the gas tank lip section out of the roof sheet metal. Got it tacked in and naturally ran out of welding gas.

20170708_111631.jpg20170708_142420.jpg

JohnC, Ashley P and 66sprint6 like this

Hey, did you put your gas and brake lines in the trans tunnel?    There are reasons those lines are typically inside a frame rail or other shielding.  A driveshaft can take both out and leave you with no brakes on a flaming car.  And that would probably damage that blue paint.  You don't want soot on that blue paint, now do ya?   :) 

10 hours ago, Ashley P said:

Hey, did you put your gas and brake lines in the trans tunnel?    There are reasons those lines are typically inside a frame rail or other shielding.  A driveshaft can take both out and leave you with no brakes on a flaming car.  And that would probably damage that blue paint.  You don't want soot on that blue paint, now do ya?   :) 

That'd be one scary ride! :stare:  :fear:

18 hours ago, Ashley P said:

They are in the trans tunnel and these are ran aalong the stock location. That would be scary if they got took out For sure

On 7/9/2017 at 1:01 PM, JRANGER said:

They are in the trans tunnel and these are ran aalong the stock location. That would be scary if they got took out For sure

Driveshaft loop? :D