JRANGER

65 Coupe to Fastback "Phoenix"

Rate this topic:

366 posts in this topic

I got the battery charged and the car turns over but now I'm not getting any fuel. O replaced the filter and I have a clear one(yes I know) but its times like these they come in handy.

The only thing I havent hooked up is the auto choke. 

All vacuum lines connected. It's a brand new fuel tank, fuel sender, new rubber lines. It did work with the new tank and sender before I replaced the carb

So only thing I can think of is remove the hoses and blow air through the line. 

Any other things I should check?

Edited by JRANGER

^ That first.  Fill the carb via a bowl vent and squirt bottle.  If the pump doesn't prime after engine running for 30 seconds, I'd pull the supply line from the pump and pull a vacuum on it to pull fuel (to make SURE full gets to the pump).

I once broke the fuel pump eccentric, the pump won't pump if that happens.  There are at least two types for SBF, how's yours put together?

66sprint6 likes this

How full? And one or both?   I dont know which pump as its buried behind the AC stuff and i havent looked hard enough to tell other then knowing it was mechanical. Atleast i think

Fill em both up and run it till either they run out or it keeps running because the fuel pump is now doin its job.  Also, is it a manual fuel pump on the timing cover or electric?

Matt

Haven’t had a chance with the 73 due to building a shed and many other projects. Hope to try soon..

Also just realized it been 2 years already on the 65. Sooo slow

Ugh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well I finally put some gas in the bowls and she fired up but still no fuel in the filter. So I'll have to investigate more.

Still been busy with the shed. It's almost done but the weather has slowed me down. Just finished leveling it out. I have to build a base for the front and complete the door. 

20181229_142602.jpg

20181229_142613.jpg

66sprint6 and Disney like this

Posted (edited)

So I need to do some wood cutting for the front of the shed and my skill saw sucks. It's a dewalt 18v that wont cut **** because the batter dies so quick. I pulled out my grandfathers table saw and well It needs work...Its a 1940 Craftman 7" table saw and its attached to a 1985 Kenmore Washing machine motor. So I'm going to fix it up. Ordered a pulley that I will add to my ryobi bench grinder. Should give it a little more gusto. So far I've replaced the wood and bolted down the table saw. I'm going to have to drop the grinder down a bit so it's not in the way but hopefully next weekend I can get it going.

20190101_142658.jpg

Edited by JRANGER
mstrpth, Ashley P and 66sprint6 like this

Cool!    Love the adaptations!

How sharp is the blade in your Dewalt saw?   Sharp matters...and I use this in my Skil saw:  https://www.dewalt.com/products/accessories/circular-saw-blades/wood-cutting-saw-blades/small-diameter-precision-saw-blades

I've done a fair amount of cutting with it and even dropped my saw and bent the guide which caused me to battle some some cuts (and rub the paint off in short order) till I got that fixed.  It still cuts pretty good.  And at least two of the three pros who've been here with their saw have had that blade.

JRANGER likes this

4 minutes ago, Ashley P said:

Cool!    Love the adaptations!

How sharp is the blade in your Dewalt saw?   Sharp matters...and I use this in my Skil saw:  https://www.dewalt.com/products/accessories/circular-saw-blades/wood-cutting-saw-blades/small-diameter-precision-saw-blades

I've done a fair amount of cutting with it and even dropped my saw and bent the guide which caused me to battle some some cuts (and rub the paint off in short order) till I got that fixed.  It still cuts pretty good.  And at least two of the three pros who've been here with their saw have had that blade.

its probably not the sharpest but its good enough to cut. It just eats the battery so quick its not funny. I can use it just for small cuts but i want to cut the end of a 4x4 and the battery died that was full charged before i could get a full cut across. Maybe i just need a high mah batt for it. 

2 minutes ago, Disney said:

That just sounds like a bad battery.

I have 2 diff batteries and both work great with my drill and impact

1. So Ashely P was right! My blade sucked so i bought a 18T ripping blade. 

2. Disney was right and my Batteries suck! The 2000mah on full charge didnt cut more then a couple inches. 3000mah got me almost down 1 side of the 4x4. Ive ordered 2 new 3600mah batteries. Wanted one but accidentally bought 2 on Amazon,

3. The table saw is coming right alone. I sanded it down and painted the body with rustoleum to prevent more rust. I got my pulley for my angle grinder and just need to get it bolted down in place where the new belt will be tight. Im also waiting on an arbor adapter as it take a 1/2" arbor blade.

20190105_162207.jpg

4. The Shed is finally done other then a gravel floor or maybe patio blocks. 

5. The 73 sucks!! I pulled the fuel line on both ends and blew it out from back to front. Dirty fuel came out and small amounts of rust/crud. Re-attached and still nothing. Not a lot of fuel came out of the line when i blew it out so im guessing the pump is done with. So im going to half ass it and put and electric in at the rear. 

20190106_101036.jpg

66sprint6 and Ashley P like this

Have you heard about the race between the two guys chopping down trees?   

It was an old man vs young man, and the old guy spent much of his time sitting down while the young guy never stopped swinging.  The new guy figured he'd win by a mile, but yet the old guy's tree fell first!   Young guy asked "How could YOU beat me when you took so many breaks?"     Old guy:  "When I wasn't chopping I was sharpening." 

Glad you've made lots of progress.

JRANGER, Disney and 66sprint6 like this

Posted (edited)

15 hours ago, Ashley P said:

Have you heard about the race between the two guys chopping down trees?   

It was an old man vs young man, and the old guy spent much of his time sitting down while the young guy never stopped swinging.  The new guy figured he'd win by a mile, but yet the old guy's tree fell first!   Young guy asked "How could YOU beat me when you took so many breaks?"     Old guy:  "When I wasn't chopping I was sharpening." 

Glad you've made lots of progress.

Yeah, i just hadnt used the saw very much to think it was dull but then again, now that i think of it...I did use a couple times to cut tree branches lol....Just happy it works enough and with a couple longer life batteries hopefully its use time will improve

**In other news i ordered -6AN fittings to use with the electric pump i have. Just realized one shipped from china. DAMNIT AMAZON!! ARG!!! 

Edited by JRANGER