higherpowerracing

Music City Raceway Street Night

234 posts in this topic

No pics or videos but there were some bad bad bad cars out.  Unfortunately I didnt get to watch them because I was trying to get a couple runs in but between the decent turnout and a looong cleanup I was in my car most of the night.  When I finally decided to take a break they started the bracket programs and I went home.  It was wheel hop city for me all night.  Ran my usual assortment of mid to low 8's while dialing in the launch and then ran an 8.09 and backed it up with an 8.03 before they closed the lanes.  I made the quick 8 again but decided to head home rather than participate.  It was a nice cool evening but I couldnt get as aggressive as before on the launch so my best 60ft was on that last pass and it was a 1.97.  It would come out of the hole nice and then spin/hop at the top of first, hop the 1-2 shift worse than usual, even once at 6K rpm (normally around 7000-6500 depending on how it hooks).  Still fun as always tho!!!

Matt

Cody and JohnC like this

My pushrods won't be here until tomorrow.  I have to seed and straw my yard before the next batch of rain hits so I won't be messing with the car for a few more days.

Might/should work for me as well unless something pops up.  You gonna have your new part installed and tune sorted out a little better by then?

Matt

26 minutes ago, 66sprint6 said:

Might/should work for me as well unless something pops up.  You gonna have your new part installed and tune sorted out a little better by then?

Matt

I might be able to have the CAI on.

My headers haven't even went in to production yet, so that and the wideband AFR's won't be installed by then.

Tuning, I'll reload the stock MAF tune and work on it for the part throttle driveability and all, but without having the wideband AFR's installed, it won't make any difference for WOT drag racing.

Yes, tonight is a test and tune night.  I think there might be a couple classes.  Tomorrow is bracket racing.  Sunday there is a Music City Car Meets thing going on.  I'm going to try to get mine buttoned up tonight so I can go Sunday.

Tino and JohnC like this

Kathleen has class on Friday nights now so I was really thinking about going tonight but something else came up.  I might start going Friday nights for the next couple weeks till her class is over.

Matt

Cody likes this

Yeah for sure, would love to get some 1/4 passes in.  I only shift twice in the 1/8, would be fun to get that extra shift or two in before the finish.

Matt

JohnC likes this

I have drill this weekend so if I can't go tonight I'll have to wait until Tuesday

JohnC likes this

7 hours ago, Tino said:

Can I race my minibike on Sunday?

Not sure what days they allow bikes, but I've seen all types of bikes and ATV's raced up there.

So I assume they'll let you.

But call them first to be sure. :yes:

I'm thinking about it.  I haven't checked my tune since the pulley swap, so I need to make some passes with good datalogs.

The track was a little...different last night for me.  Car would hook really well out of the hole but spin the top of first right about when the clutch was released fully then spin just as hard at the 1-2 shift.  Way more tire spin than any other time out that I remember yet I still cracked out some low low 8's.  Wish I had stayed longer, I really wanted to line up with that C6 Z06 that was running roughly the same MPH but slower times and the Terminator that always runs mid 8's but at 94 mph.  I thought I was going to have to get MURDERED by Mike on my last run but the lines shifted and I ended up taking the role of murderer against a 2v GT.  Apparently it was Mustang and Ford night, If I would have had all night to play it also might have been fun to see if any other Fords came out that were quicker than me.

Matt

JohnC likes this