higherpowerracing

Music City Raceway Street Night

234 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Yeah I left wanting a tad more traction but Im thinkin Ill try drag radials before I go full slick.  That way I can drive it to and from the track with the tires already on the car.  If they dont work, like half the keyboard racers on the interwebs seem to say and I dont get into the 1.7-1.9 range consistently then Ill look at slicks maybe.  Ive heard the axles will be fine just dont let it wheel hop alot.

Matt

What rpm range were you leaving the line at?

JohnC likes this

9 minutes ago, Mike said:

Keith, do we just need to put you on the call list for next Tuesday?  You know you want to try it.  Just the tip first.

I feel like a drug dealer trying to get another junkie started.  ;)

I've been so good with the mod bug...not sure if I could dance with the devil lol

JohnC and 66sprint6 like this

Honestly these new cars are fast enough stock that I feel like I could leave mine alone and just bracket race it and be perfectly fine.  Tires would be good for consistency though.

But since I have this pile of parts, it would be a shame to let them sit around and go to waste.  I very well may not do everything I planned though.  I may leave the cam out and not do any blower porting.

Cody, keiths2kgt, JohnC and 1 other like this

JUST DOOO IIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.  I had as much fun stock with this car as I ever did with the BlueCoupe!!!  

I was leaving super super easy, bout 2500rpm and roll the clutch out while rolling into the throttle at the same rate.  When the clutch was out I was at WOT.  You can see how lazy it looks in the video but it helped dial down the 60fts decently enough.  I got a little more aggressive later and my 60s got worse.  Another couple trips out and Ill either have them down with street tires or Ill have some sticky tires to help out.

Matt

JohnC likes this

I'll definitely go get a baseline before I change anything besides a catback. I'm on the wait list for a group buy on the performance pack 2 kit. 

I'm interested in the no lift shift feature they have. It's gotta help my shifting lol

JohnC likes this

Ide be down!  I probably wont have an axleback by then but at the strip itll be ok.  Im trying to secure some tires from Joey too but it may be too soon not sure.  Either way Ide like to take a crack at getting a little better launch and see where I can go before tossing some bolt-ons and a tune on it.

Matt

JohnC likes this

You guys are killing me! This thread is making me want to get the GT tightened back up so I can go racing again (and get slaughtered by your newer faster cars). :yes::hyper:

I get slaughtered by older slower cars, who cares, its fun!!!!  Ive been missing it for so long, get that thing dusted off and run mid 8's and have a blast doin it!  Might light a fire under your butt to give it some much needed love too!

Matt

Ok, sold my axlebacks this weekend which left the resonator/midpipe hangin in the wind.  In the interest of driving to work till I can replace them...and more honestly, in the interest of making it out again Tues night, I clamped some exhaust hangers together to keep em solid and am now good to go!  

Matt

JohnC and higherpowerracing like this

Im working a deal on some Corsa mufflers as we speak.  If it goes thru, Ill have to do some work to mate them to the midpipe and then add some tips but it should be perfect!  Its actually not tooooooooooooo bad as it sits tho it reverberates inside the car a bit much due to where the pipe cuts out.  The stock resonator does a good job hushing it down so I can deal with it till the mufflers show up.

Matt

16 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

All you hear with mine is a Coyote howl.

:yes:

Matt

How does about 500hp n/a sound to ya?

New goal? :D

Or 625 fwhp?

Im gonna scrape together the usual bolt-ons and a tune and probably leave it at mid 400whp.  Then, IF I decide to keep the car and not go 2013/14 GT500 in a couple years, Ill supercharge it and shoot for the 600-700whp range.  For now tho, shooting for low 8's, maybe scratch the 7's with minor money (and more focus on driver) is my goal!

Oh, and drive it every day comfortably, reliably and while having a blast doing it.  Im more at home in this car than I was in the ST and I LOVED the ST!

Matt

JohnC likes this

4 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Just for fun heres how she sounds right now...shot on my phone so take it for what it is LOL  Its alot louder in person but again, its not TOO bad.

Matt

That mofo sounds good, Matt! :up: