higherpowerracing

Music city raceway Street night

224 posts in this topic

Thanks for taking vid and pics all night Joey, was awesome to see yall out there tonight.  My best was an 8.46@86.72mph with a 2.08 60ft.  

IMG_20161005_091002516_zpsvuyyn63k.jpg

The quickest 6 speed manual car on the Mustang6G Stock/Street Tire list ran an 8.3@83mph with a 1.8 60ft.  If I coulda cut a 1.8 60ft Ida crapped myself!!!!  Technically, with the axleback (which does diddly for performance) and new tires (even tho they are all seasons and not summer rubber) I would be put on the "Bolt On" list but whatever, Im still happy as hell to know im all over what I should be.  Some grip and not much else should see me going as quick, if not quicker than I left off with the BlueCoupe!!!

Matt

JohnC, keiths2kgt and gammey4 like this

Oh yeah, Mike reeled me in first race out for both of us and got me by .0049.  I got him outta the hole big time and could hear his car sucking air as it was coming for me LOL.  I lost sight of the tach and was so focused on trying to beat him to the line that I either hit the limiter or maybe shifted 3-6 or SOMETHING cause it bogged bad after the shift and the damage was done.  With my gearing I had to shift RIGHT before the line, I tried to go thru in 3rd and hit the limiter another run so that 3-4 shift was a must. He got me so close I didnt know it till we were handed our slips and I got the yellow copy!  2nd race I barely got him reaction time wise but he out 60'd me and was out front the whole race, no looking back.  Once he got scooting, that Caddy was pretty consistent.  Its only gonna be better from here with the goodies he's got waiting on it!

Matt

JohnC and keiths2kgt like this

Yeah I left wanting a tad more traction but Im thinkin Ill try drag radials before I go full slick.  That way I can drive it to and from the track with the tires already on the car.  If they dont work, like half the keyboard racers on the interwebs seem to say and I dont get into the 1.7-1.9 range consistently then Ill look at slicks maybe.  Ive heard the axles will be fine just dont let it wheel hop alot.

Matt

keiths2kgt and JohnC like this

Ouch, that Magnum was my Kryptonite I swear.  1st pass against him (2nd video) I spun off the line paying more attention to him and than my self and being too aggressive then I believe thats the run I tried to go thru the lights in 3rd and hit the limiter barely losing to him.  The 2nd pass against him, trying to get redemption, I missed a shift and was PISSED at myself.  Only missed shift of the night lol.

Matt

She was my 2nd race in eliminations, time slip in the bottom middle.  She dialed in an 8.93, not sure what happened on that pass but she only went a 9.50.

Yeah, I never saw the side badging, in that case your right, last of the 4.6 cars.  I was hoping to see some of the other Coyote cars run but never did.  When I was leaving a loud dark (blue or black) colored 2015+ was leaving in front of me but it was over in the spectator parking all night I guess.

Matt