Raceall

Fun Times With Raceall

91 posts in this topic

On 12/11/2017 at 4:45 PM, Ashley P said:

So, as a note, I've replaced a couple more engines/lifters recently (and there's one on the schedule for tomorrow) due to GM AFM/DoD failures.  And I have another Odyssey that needs both cams and lots of rocker arms.    Gotta love these gas mileage gadgets...they really save money.  :shake:

CAn't you see? This is how the Gov't is forcing you to pay for the whole Global Warming agenda. They MANDATE fuel efficiency standards along with emissions requirements that are nearly impossible to comply with both. The OEMs have to come up with stupid crap like this to meet those targets. When stupid **** breaks, you have to pay. They just did an end around to our pocketbooks. 

FYI. Good MPG and low emissions aren't tied together for the same common goal. Generally speaking, we can get better MPG if we ignore the EPA.

66sprint6 likes this

58 minutes ago, Disney said:

CAn't you see? This is how the Gov't is forcing you to pay for the whole Global Warming agenda. They ILLEGALLY MANDATE fuel efficiency standards along with emissions requirements that are nearly impossible to comply with both. The OEMs have to come up with stupid crap like this to meet those targets. When stupid **** breaks, you have to pay. They just did an end around to our pocketbooks. 

FYI. Good MPG and low emissions aren't tied together for the same common goal. Generally speaking, we can get better MPG if we ignore the EPA.

Fixed!   (Now to fix the Honda 3.5, got about $2300 in valvetrain parts just now.)

I just wonder what is the "root cause" of these roller cam failures.  I think this Honda is about 150k, the LS block I've got was 120k I think and both had lobe/roller failure.  Weaker oils?   Cheaper metals?  Metallurgy...wish I had the ISBN for a known-good textbook on the subject...:winkgrin:

Continental DWS06's.  Love em.  They don't hook up QUIIIITE as well as the summer only tires but they do in colder weather rain etc and I ran my personal best at the Hill on them amazingly enough.  They last much much longer than summer only and ride better too.  Love em and will very likely get them again when they wear out!

Matt

JohnC and Tino like this

4 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Continental DWS06's.  Love em.  They don't hook up QUIIIITE as well as the summer only tires but they do in colder weather rain etc and I ran my personal best at the Hill on them amazingly enough.  They last much much longer than summer only and ride better too.  Love em and will very likely get them again when they wear out!

Matt

Ordered. Ran $1080.00 for the set. :baller: 

66sprint6 and Tino like this

3 hours ago, JohnC said:

Mess it up bad? :meh:

Not at all. I got really lucky. 

Well I did mess up the bumper a little bit when I pulled it out with the truck

66sprint6 likes this