Raceall

Fun Times With Raceall

91 posts in this topic

Will GM honor the warranty on the truck after the engine is replaced?  ie: will the warranty the new motor down the road?

Good luck.  I hope it works out for you.

JohnC likes this

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

Will GM honor the warranty on the truck after the engine is replaced?  ie: will the warranty the new motor down the road?

Good luck.  I hope it works out for you.

That's something that I'm kind of concerned about.  Another thing is what will it do to the 120k mile extended warranty.

It's kind of a "stuck between a rock and a hard place" situation.  Void the warranty or let the truck sit.

JohnC likes this

I even have contingency plans of throwing the Nova back together, in case that the truck has to sit.  However, it will suck having to make sales calls in the car.  I don't think my mileage checks will cover blending 91 non-ethanol and 116 @ 6 mpg.  LOL

66sprint6 and Cody like this

40 minutes ago, Raceall said:

That's something that I'm kind of concerned about.  Another thing is what will it do to the 120k mile extended warranty.

It's kind of a "stuck between a rock and a hard place" situation.  Void the warranty or let the truck sit.

If they won't I think you have a case for getting some diminished value from insurance.  That warranty has pretty major value and to loose it is basically money out of your pocked.  You might inquire about third party warranty coverage to see what that could cost if it's available for such a new vehicle.  At this point who would buy a basically new truck at full value with no warranty?  Nobody.

This all sucks because the insurance company isn't going to cover the headache that this causes you and you likely have to fight just to break even.  You pay dearly for insurance over the years.  When you need it it's sometimes tough to get.  All the while you hear about people committing insurance fraud and getting paid for things they don't deserve.

Tino, 66sprint6 and Raceall like this

38 minutes ago, Raceall said:

I even have contingency plans of throwing the Nova back together, in case that the truck has to sit.  However, it will suck having to make sales calls in the car.  I don't think my mileage checks will cover blending 91 non-ethanol and 116 @ 6 mpg.  LOL

But...it would be fuuuuuuuuunnnnnn!!!

Matt

58 minutes ago, Mike said:

If they won't I think you have a case for getting some diminished value from insurance.  That warranty has pretty major value and to loose it is basically money out of your pocked.  You might inquire about third party warranty coverage to see what that could cost if it's available for such a new vehicle.  At this point who would buy a basically new truck at full value with no warranty?  Nobody.

This all sucks because the insurance company isn't going to cover the headache that this causes you and you likely have to fight just to break even.  You pay dearly for insurance over the years.  When you need it it's sometimes tough to get.  All the while you hear about people committing insurance fraud and getting paid for things they don't deserve.

With any of the claims, that I've had so far, my insurance company has been really great.  I'm hoping that holds true in this case. 

What sucks is that the dealership told me not to worry and that the warranty would cover everything, even after being told about the water.  But, that's the way it goes.

You could swap engines and then trade the truck off so if issues arose, you'd not have to deal with voided warranty and more out of pocket costs.

Next truck, run a lift kit and snorkel?

Seems that would bulletproof it for this crazy monsoons we keep having.

16 hours ago, Raceall said:

There may be a lift in the future of the truck.

EVERY Chevy gets put on a lift, most usually pretty soon after birth. ;) 

Will a 4" lift keep it from drowning next time? :duck:

Edited by Ashley P
66sprint6 likes this

18 hours ago, Raceall said:

I was able to speak to the insurance adjuster, this afternoon.  They will cover up to roughly $9800, and I have a $100 deductible.  This is a HUGE relief!

Engine is roughly $6300, but with a core of $2500.   If your core is shot then the engine might cost $8800.

We're working on a written estimate, so any post here is just random numbers.  ;)

Cody and 66sprint6 like this

39 minutes ago, Ashley P said:

Engine is roughly $6300, but with a core of $2500.   If your core is shot then the engine might cost $8800.

We're working on a written estimate, so any post here is just random numbers.  ;)

Thank you, sir.

From what the stealership said, it got the block, too.

Competing with my brother?  Dude, I work at a place that tells advertising agencies "we have too much business" and where I've witnessed the phone being picked up and slammed down just to get it to stop ringing!   lol

66sprint6 likes this

That sounds like something I say now that Dad is working for one of my competitors, and we are working head-to-head against each other. lol

After a month and a half of this ordeal, I am finally starting to see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.  The insurance is lined out, I'm squared away with the dealership, and we dropped the truck off at Granny's Race Shop, this morning.  If your brother tries to put a Ford bullet in there, Ashley, you may be minus a sibling. LOL

Cody, JohnC and Tino like this

4 hours ago, Raceall said:

After a month and a half of this ordeal, I am finally starting to see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.  The insurance is lined out, I'm squared away with the dealership, and we dropped the truck off at Granny's Race Shop, this morning.  If your brother tries to put a Ford bullet in there, Ashley, you may be minus a sibling. LOL

Excellent news! :up:

Hopefully it gets restored back to like new asap!