Mike

What would you hypothetically build? Now with more CTS-V

Rate this topic:

467 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Mike said:

Latest "Mod".  I payed the state of TN their cut and in return they gave me a small painted piece of aluminum to hang in the trunk lid and they'll be sending me a fancy green piece of paper in a week or so.

This is the "mod" I'm most proud of.  The car may not be new or perfect, but it's completely mine.  I'm not independently wealthy , but I do well and my family is happy.  I was able to do this because I worked hard on the GN and never put anything on credit.  I've never spent this much cash on any one thing in my life, so it's a big deal for me.

That is where I am with my car, I will not be buying anything on credit and building most of it myself. Congrats Mike, that is an amazing to be able to say that you own the car and are not a slave to a lender. 

JohnC likes this

I'm glad you are really enjoying it Mike. That is the whole point of having a car like that. I was sad to see the gn go but if this puts a smile on your face (and your families at that) then great. I'm sure it will be one of the nicest cts-v's around. Look forward to the build.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ls1adam84 and JohnC like this

This hurts a little bit..... I like it.  ^

BTW, I've got one too. ;)  And my brother has one.  I just pushed his boy in it. :yes:

Tino likes this

On 10/8/2016 at 0:39 PM, Mike said:

I broke the seal.  It still spins a bit on cold tires.  But much better than Michelins so far.  This car still makes me giggle from a dig on the street.

image.jpeg

Badarse! :yum:

I put the stock airbox in it so I can claim it's "stock" for a bet with a friend.  With 1250' da it ran this tonight.  Mods are tires, heat exchanger and hx pump.

image.jpg

Dang! Heat exchanger made a big difference!

Slim's Speed Shop

JohnC likes this

It helped a little I'm sure, but I still think getting the car cooled down is what is doing so much.  There was a long oil cleanup so we had almost an hour before that run.  The engine coolant was a 150.  I'll put the air intake back on it for Monday at BG and expect to go 7.4x and 11.7x.

JohnC and Cody like this

1 hour ago, Mike said:

It helped a little I'm sure, but I still think getting the car cooled down is what is doing so much.  There was a long oil cleanup so we had almost an hour before that run.  The engine coolant was a 150.  I'll put the air intake back on it for Monday at BG and expect to go 7.4x and 11.7x.

Heck, it won't be long and you'll be in the 10's! :3gears:

ls1adam84 likes this

So bowling Green next week?

Let me know.

Slim's Speed Shop

JohnC likes this

Yes.  Me, Mark and his brother (White C7 Z06) are going to a track rental on Haloween (Monday).  There will be a few more CTSV's and some GTR's there.  You are welcome to go with me.  It's 8-4, so I'll be leaving early, but be home before trick or treating time.

JohnC likes this

New best.  DA was 1050' on this pass.   I think it could go 11.6's if the weather was good, but this was the last opportunity in this configuration.  Mods are; tires, heat exchanger, pump and cold air.

image.jpeg

66sprint6, JohnC and Ashley P like this

So, now that racing season is over I'm starting to think about the next round of mods.  After being at the track yesterday and seeing friends and other CTSV owners constantly messing with their cars, I've decided to step mine down just a hair.  I'm ditching the flex fuel and not going to spin the blower quite as fast.  I want it to stay as trouble free and street friendly as it is now.  So, the next round includes.

LS9 cam with PAC 1218 springs, C5R timing chain and LS3 cam hardware.

New Oil Pump just because

American Racing Headers 1 7/8" with 3" catted x-pipe (hooked to stock mufflers)

ATI balancer with 10" lower pulley

ID850 injectors

New coils (leftovers from GN), plugs and LS9 plug wires.

160 thermostat

Fluid change in the trans

tuning

Simple and quick...I like the sounds of that!  Its already rolling out quite well.  Ill be perfectly happy to hit mid 7's in the 1/8 with the GT!!!

Matt

Mike, I both like your times and hate them.  I'm very glad you (and fam) can enjoy a fast car, but very frustrated that it's that easy to slaughter an old musclecar combo (which is what I've got, at best).  These new cars....wow.