Mike

What would you hypothetically build? Now with more CTS-V

Rate this topic:

675 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, Disney said:

If you're lifting early, you're doing it with surprising consistency.  Did you comb thru the logs and make sure you didn't have slip or???  

The logs show I'm letting out at 140mph.  12rpm of converter slip.  A/F and timing are both good.  It was dark at Beech Bend when I made both passes and I wasn't really paying attention to where the line was.  Both of those 139-140mph cars I ran should have been pulling on me, but they weren't and didn't fly past me either.

There's no reason it should only be running 132, and I don't have anything to explain it other than letting off early.  Yes, I realize that I would have to be doing it consistently.  I went 136 about a month ago with less 1/8th mph.

JohnC likes this

On 5/19/2019 at 0:21 AM, Mike said:

I'll just leave this here.

IMG_5111.JPG

The DA on the 10.16 pass above was ~2800'.  Last night I went the pass below at Union Hill in 3100' DA.  So, .01 better in the 1/8th.  If that stays through the 1/4 it should be at least a 10.15.  I've been chasing little things in the tune to get more out of the car.

Caution Fuzzy Math and Theory ahead:

I looked back at my old passes, pretty consistently a 1000' change in DA changes my ET by .075s in the 1/8th.  Friday night the DA at Beech Bend test and tune is looking to be around 1500'.   So from 3100' last night to 1500' Friday is a 1600' change or .12 seconds in the 1/8th.  It might not be quite that much, but close and it should equate to a little more in the 1/4.  That should put me at a ~10.03.

Removing my passenger seat (76lbs), rear seat (36lbs) and some other miscellaneous panels could drop 130lbs out of the car.  I'll let you do that math.  

If anyone is free Friday night, come to the track and pray for a sticky track and good weather.

IMG_5261.JPG

66sprint6 and Disney like this

1 hour ago, 66sprint6 said:

... going to Chicago for the weekend...

I'll be the first to offer condolences...  :)

9 hours ago, Ashley P said:

I'll be the first to offer condolences...  :)

Nah it's a good city with it's bad areas.  Stay outta them and stay alive.  That and it's mostly gang on gang violence...I'm super safe when it comes to that riff raff :lol:

Matt

I got the car gutted this week.  Drove up to Beech Bend last night.  I hit rain about the first Bowling Green exit and got off.  I was on my almost no tread drag radials and had my wipers removed, that was fun.  When I got to the track, it had stopped raining and they were drying it.  Got the car prepped.  Checked DA and it was 1500'.  After about 30 minutes they said over the PA that it was rained out.  They couldn't get the shut down area dry.

Oh well.  I have a race in Clarksville today or I'd try BB again tonight.  The good weather will have to wait until fall most likely.

JohnC and Tino like this

I had too much free time to surf the CTSV classifieds while on vacation.  I bought a Nick Williams 102mm throttle body and a used/refreshed Jokerz 102 ported blower.  It better go 9's now with ease.

IMG_5644.jpg

IMG_E5645.jpg

IMG_E5647.jpg

IMG_5650.jpg

mstrpth, Disney, 66sprint6 and 2 others like this

12 hours ago, higherpowerracing said:

Didnt your car make retarded power on the dyno?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

By today's standards, it's not too retarded to make 700 to the tire.

That said....

Mike had a top of the line trans tuner get his dialed in perfect.

I can't even get tuned by the guy as he doesn't really take on outsiders.

Once I get the trans redone for the 2nd time and retuned for the eleventybillionth time, I'll still probably be a good bit behind him because he has a really well tuned / dialed in setup.

I don't even have a single pass yet because the car has been down most of this year, so I got a long way to go to get it running good down the track like his is.

Not making excuses. It's just the facts. :yes: 

12 hours ago, Mike said:

I’ve redone the majority of my tune in the last few months.  That’s where I picked up from 6.6x to 6.4x.  Turns out bluecats tuning wasn’t that great.

Oh lord... So nobody can tune these trans worth a ****? 

Did you use his software at least? 

Plenty of people can tune them.  It’s just not something that can be done in a few hours.  Mine trans is doing fine with 120 passes on it.

No, I’m not using his software.

No matter who tunes it, if you want to go fast at the track, it needs to be tuned at the track.

JohnC and 66sprint6 like this

Another new best last night 6.44@109.  Once I get my 60' back down to my 1.44 best, that should be an easy 9.  This is at full weight and I'm guessing 13-1500' DA.

6.44.jpg

This was in the 16 car round of the Music City fastest street car "race".  I gave the Hellcat everything I had and he barely beat me.  I can't be mad at myself for an .010 light and a best ET.

mstrpth, Tino, Disney and 3 others like this

Heck yeah what a night, wish I woulda seen that race, SO CLOSE!  Your right tho, leaving the program with a new PB and making the faster car sweat is not a bad way to go!

Matt

Congrats, Mike!

Wish I could like that vid 100x!

You had him out of the hole! :up:

Do you know what his mods were?

When I get mine sorted out, I’ll be there with y’all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, JohnC said:

Do you know what his mods were?

E85, 4.5L whipple.  That's all I can tell from looking at it, I've never asked him.

JohnC likes this