Mike

What would you hypothetically build? Now with more CTS-V

Rate this topic:

660 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Mike said:

4550 lbs.

There’s only one way to find out.

My axles are going to screw me. :meh:

I'll see if I can afford to upgrade my axles and get slicks before race day. :baller:

I'll have my AAA paid up when I go to BBKY though! :lol:

You CTSV and ZL1 guys have got it made! Ya'll have all the good / strong parts stock!  :yes:

I should have shopped for a 5th Gen ZL1.

I just wasn't thinking straight! :wall:

And I might be just over 4200lbs now because that blower and all add weight.

18 hours ago, Mike said:

Bluecat in Kentucky.  The guy that makes the hp tuners software tools for VVE and the auto trans tuning.  He doesn’t really take in customers off the street anymore.  I had a friend of a friend hook me up with him.  The guy is incredibly experienced and smart with the 6L80/90.

That's why I asked. Good tuners are hard to find and I figured if you were using him then he must be pretty good. :up:

JohnC likes this

Another interesting thing to point out....

I might make more hp than you, but on tq you win....

I make 620tq.

You made 682tq!

That begs the question....

Is it just the blower type making the difference in tq, or is it my loose converter, etc?

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Mike, what RPM max are you spinning this thing to?

What are your shifts at?

Not sure, Probably 68-7000.  

It WOT shifted at 6800 before.  It should be lower now.  We couldn't make any WOT shifts on the street Saturday night, it was too cold to hook.  I'll have to log it at the track and send him an email to get that perfected.  He set me up with enough trans tune info and software that I can play with shifting.  I fully intend to do that to maximize ET.

40 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Another interesting thing to point out....

I might make more hp than you, but on tq you win....

I make 620tq.

You made 682tq!

That begs the question....

Is it just the blower type making the difference in tq, or is it my loose converter, etc?

Blower type.  Mine makes 14-15 lbs. as soon as you hit the throttle.  Yours increases with RPM.

Don't get too excited over chassis dyno numbers from one shop to another.

ls1adam84, JohnC and 66sprint6 like this

If you can, send me your trans tune file. I’d like to compare yours to my DBR tune.

D1XCamaroSS at comcast dot net

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh and what AFR did he tune your WOT E85 to?

My AFR in my log bounces around a bit.

Not sure why, but seen it hit .75 then go back to .85 (this is at 6k rpm’s under 10psi boost!) then it shifts goes to .67 then by 6200 it’s at .81 and stays around .83 to .85 at 6867 rpm’s 136 mph and 13.91 psi.

Fuel pump DC was 100% and those ID1300x injectors were hitting 99% to 100.4%! How am I maxing out ID1300x injectors at 760rwhp?

Fuel pressure dropped down to 48psi.

But on initial WOT hit I seen 91psi fuel pressure.

WTF?

Just trying to understand this stuff.

In my head AFR should climb richer as rpm and boost increase...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Mike said:

Yours is likely going to look radically different from mine just because of operating systems, converter, different trans etc.

Instead, download his trans software tool and play with it.  https://forum.hptuners.com/showthread.php?44953-Bluecat-Transmission-Table-Software

Christ... More stuff to learn and try to fix myself! :panic:  :lol::fear::wall: :panic:  :lol::fear:  :wall:

Man, these GM cars are COMPLICATED!

I'm starting to wish I had got a M6 car.

The A6 just adds soooooooooo much complexity to the tuning.

It really does drive me nutz.

We're gambling with thousands when messing with these trans and it doesn't take very long to screw one up with a bad tune!

66sprint6 likes this

20 hours ago, JohnC said:

I'm starting to wish I had got a M6 car.

LOL

Nah, cause then you would be with me trying to figure out if you got the balls enough to replace the 2nd rear syncro yourself or trying to find someone reputable enough to do it for you.  These TR6060's are tough but the 1-2 shift bullshit is a major annoyance.  I hear most dont have issues shifting when the tires hook so hopefully itll act right with the Bias Ply's.  If not, Ill be saving up for the fix.  Ide rather have an Auto than a manual that you cant bang 2nd with.

Matt

40 minutes ago, Ashley P said:

^ Does Liberty's gears mod that trans? 

Im not actually sure if they do or not.  Its a fairly easy fix and parts are cheap and plentiful its just a matter of tearing into the trans to replace them.  I did the T5 and got it back together successfully but not sure Im keen on trying this thing.  My damned Sister and Bro in Law have a shop near them thats king when it comes to doing this repair...but thats a loooooooong way away lol

Matt

Can't driver mod a syncro that won't allow a shift at WOT or when tires are spinning.  I don't think it'll be an issue since I'll be on Bias Plys but on the street even if I creep up into higher rpms in 1st it grinds 2nd horrifically bad and if you spin at all you get locked out.  Period.  It's lame but well known in the TR6060 world.  Anyways, enough hijacking Mike's thread :lol:

Matt

You weren't hijacking Mike's thread, you were laying the foundation for a big EXCUSE when his car smokes yours...."That $^@#*@ 2nd gear synchro..." 

Tino and mstrpth like this

50 minutes ago, Ashley P said:

You weren't hijacking Mike's thread, you were laying the foundation for a big EXCUSE when his car smokes yours...."That $^@#*@ 2nd gear synchro..." 

Ive never needed an excuse for getting smoked by cars making 200whp+ more than me.   Now, when I dont run a PB or near it thanks to getting locked out of 2nd...yep, THEN I imagine very similar words will be said!

Matt

Ashley P and mstrpth like this

:whoa: 

I don't know what I'm more impressed with:  the quarter ET, the trap MPH, the 60' time, or the fact (I'm assuming here) there was no tow truck involved on the trip home.

JohnC likes this

I'm friggin' impressed with everything. 

That car is not light weight, it isn't a dyno-queen, but it's running faster than cars I've seen lighter weight and higher rwhp.

If I had trophies, Mile would get a 1st place on this one. 

:up: 

The 1/4 mph is low for some reason.  Maybe I'm letting out early.  It's been 136 and those should have been a 138mph passes.

Yes, I still drive it there and drive it back with the a/c and seat cooling turned on.

I went to Clarksville Speedway Friday night and cut a 1.44 60'.

Ashley P, JohnC, 66sprint6 and 1 other like this

If you're lifting early, you're doing it with surprising consistency.  Did you comb thru the logs and make sure you didn't have slip or???  

JohnC likes this