Mike

What would you hypothetically build? Now with more CTS-V

Rate this topic:

467 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, higherpowerracing said:

It's his car for sell

Slim's Speed Shop

I won't complain if he replaces it with something newer and better! :D

We're ticked 'cause you might sell that slow, ill handling, ugly G-body (Cutlass, is it?) and get something that actually is a challenge for us to beat (a Pinto or something). :duck:

I actually fell over when you said you had no emotional attachment.   I was like "that cold blooded engineer...".  :yes:

66sprint6 and Cody like this

I typed out a big long response for why It doesn't bother me to sell it, but in the end I don't owe anyone an explanation for what I do.

It's my time, my money and my car and I do whatever the **** I want with each.

ls1adam84, JohnC and mstrpth like this

Yep.  You will miss it, might even regret it BUT if you move on to something new and fun that you can use and abuse, then itll be ok!  If you sold it and then got out of the car game for a while, it would eat a nasty hole in your soul that would get infected and you would probably die young for it...but your not doin that so its all good :up:

I hate to see it go for sure but its not your first car and its not been around THAT long plus you didnt drive it much anyways.  Doesnt mean you havnt had time or put in enough work to have a wicked deep attachment to it, but its not gonna make the world stop spinning if you do sell it.  Wish you luck with it and I hope whatever takes up its spot in the garage fits the bill!

Matt

3 hours ago, Mike said:

Oh, you put your big boy pants on.  lol  Since they're on, go do some 300'  burnouts 'cause you want to.  Vid too.  :pleased:

ls1adam84 likes this

20 hours ago, Mike said:

I typed out a big long response for why It doesn't bother me to sell it, but in the end I don't owe anyone an explanation for what I do.

You won't regret it if you get something better that you can drive more often without all the minor issues that bother you now. :up:

I'm actually hoping you sell it. These modern muscle cars out now are fast as crap stock and respond great to mods too if you want more. :love:

$50k?  I would buy either a new 5.0 or Challenger 392 Hemi and just enjoy it stock.  The rest would be put into getting my Shelby Charger going again. 

JohnC likes this

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I guess if this is what people think my car is worth, I'll be keeping it.

image.png

Coulda been much worse, coulda offered you a Mustang in trade.   (:P to all two of you mustang guys.)

ls1adam84 likes this

9 hours ago, higherpowerracing said:

Even worse he could have offered a gto with a Jerico....

Slim's Speed Shop

^ Did you call someone else gay?     lol

14 minutes ago, ls1adam84 said:

C6 Z06 then do heads and cam, headers... It will be awesome at the track and if you wanted to throw 150 shot at it too you could. 

My Solstice would blow your doors off...

I have seen both on an actual road course, the C6 Z06, is a much better road course car.

Zr1 Corvette is not that great in comparison, if you think the Solstice would be better, then you would also be stating that a Miata MX5 turbo would be better than a C6 Z06. The Solstice/Miata would only do better on a very short road course/autocross. 

Edited by ls1adam84

43 minutes ago, ls1adam84 said:

Highly doubt that, but go on. Do explain how you think the solstice would accomplish that feat.

Highly doubt as in your head is in the clouds?   Dude, this a hypothetical discussion....do you think I'd hypothetically build a losing Solstice?   What kinda dreamer do you think I am??  lol

BTW, I stated the Solstice would have a small cube/high winding V8 and Jerico.   If that's an aluminum LS V8, in a car that weighs what the shadow of a normal car weighs, how's  your ZR9 gonna hang?

And, I'm driving.  So there.  I win.   :P  (Never road raced, but it's just a series of drag races into and out of turns, right? )

Tino, ls1adam84 and mstrpth like this