Mike

What would you hypothetically build? Now with more CTS-V

Rate this topic:

467 posts in this topic

Just working on getting the pump ready to go in.  The bolts holding it to that bracket were red loctited in and I had to weld nuts to it to get them out.  I'm going to make another bracket that uses those 4 bolt holes and two of those rubber isolators to bolt it where the factory pump went.  I also made a new plug and play harness.

IMG_4206.JPG

IMG_4207.JPG

IMG_4209.JPG

66sprint6 and mstrpth like this

A little fab work from yesterday.  My headers have gotten to where they leak at the collector all the time.  I can tighten them up and they are quiet for about 2 weeks then they sound like an old truck.  So, I cut them off and I'm welding V-bands on instead of the ball and socket.  I got as far as getting the headers bolted back on last night.  I'll modify and weld up the x-pipe tonight.

If you look close you can see where the flange was sliding up/ deforming the ball on the header.  They moved a little each time, just getting worse and worse.  The flange piece needs a bevel on it to distribute load, but what can you expect for $2k headers. :smirk:

IMG_4246.JPG

IMG_4250.JPG

IMG_4248.JPG

IMG_4253.JPG

IMG_4254.JPG

IMG_4256.JPG

IMG_4257.JPG

IMG_4258.JPG

Cody, mstrpth, 66sprint6 and 1 other like this

BTW... What brand headers were those again?

I noticed Kooks went to a different clamp setup. Probably to stop that from happening.

IMG_2727 (Edited).JPG

Hope the new style don't leak!

The X-pipe is fit up and half welded.  I'll finish welding it this week.  I'm going to weld up all the joints in it also because each one leaks a little bit.  I'm also going to put some wide band clamp on the X to stock muffler joint so hopefully that will seal that joint completely.  If not, that might get V-bands also.

IMG_4271.JPG

IMG_4272.JPG

IMG_4273.JPG

IMG_4274.JPG

IMG_4275.JPG

mstrpth, 66sprint6 and JohnC like this

I made my intercooler pump mount tonight.  No shot of the cad, but I drew it up there first and printed it 1:1.

Then taped to some .090" 5052 aluminum.  I marked the hole centers.  And traced the outline.

IMG_4281.JPG

Drilled the holes.

IMG_4283.JPG

Then cut it out with a jigsaw.

IMG_4284.JPG

Then rounded the edges and DA sanded the plate.

IMG_4286.JPG

Installed the ZR1 pump bushings.

IMG_4287.JPG

I have to get the correct bolts tomorrow.

IMG_4288.JPG

IMG_4289.JPG

It's about the same size as the varimax.

IMG_4290.JPG