FordTrux

Street Car Takeover Bowling Green

Rate this topic:

25 posts in this topic

I am going to head up that way tomorrow. I know signal sucks so of anyone wants to meet up I can get you my number

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That was a big cluster ****.  The gates opened at 10.  Tech didn't start until noon.  The first car didn't go down the track until 1:30.  Then an hour break to fix the tree.  They didn't finish running everyone's first pass until about 3:30.  And it was a little hot.  We left.  The bottle pressure in the vette got so high over the hour in the lanes that the purge solenoid wouldn't open.

Cody likes this

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

Beech Bend wasn't in charge.  It was a track rental by 1320.

Ahh... Well hope y'all at least got to meetup and hang out.

I left too. 4 hours of junk (after a 3 hour drive) was enough for me. Got to see some cool cars but it was a dumb event. Only one food stand so you couldn't even get a drink for over an hour with that heat. I told one of the guys at the tent it was dumb

It was nice meeting you @FordTrux. Nice camaro you have. I thought you were going to have some fun with that new 5.0 that pulled up besides you. We need to meet up at the hill one day. I wasted half a tank getting to bowling Green following you.  On the way back home I only wasted a 1/4 .

@Cody dude I'm so sorry for telling you the wrong side of the track I was. I staight up got my lefts and rights messed up :down:. If you come to lsfest I'll make sure to meet up with you. 

I left the track around 2 to go get some drinks but I never made it back to the track. My little sister wanted to go ride the rides and go swimming so I was there all day. I just got home.

Cody likes this

It was nice meeting you @FordTrux. Nice camaro you have. I thought you were going to have some fun with that new 5.0 that pulled up besides you. We need to meet up at the hill one day. I wasted half a tank getting to bowling Green following you.  On the way back home I only wasted a 1/4 .

@Cody dude I'm so sorry for telling you the wrong side of the track I was. I staight up got my lefts and rights messed up :down:. If you come to lsfest I'll make sure to meet up with you. 

I left the track around 2 to go get some drinks but I never made it back to the track. My little sister wanted to go ride the rides and go swimming so I was there all day. I just got home.

I can't make it to lsfest this year, I am going to shades of the past

higherpowerracing likes this

great to meet u too @Tino. Hopefully we can hang out next time. Thanks.  I wanted to play some but with how busy the interstate was i figured i better not. Im down to meet at the hill, havent been in a long time. good thing i didnt try to keep right up with the pack or u might have had to stop for gas lol. Man it was so hot that day, i think i nearly had a heat stroke. that morning and the evening before i had been helping my dad cut up a tree that fell across his driveway from the storm friday and got a little to hot but i thought i was ok. about midday i was standing at the dyno and almost blacked out. going to the pool was probably the better idea in that heat. I hope that guy we saw crashed on the motorcycle when we first got off the interstate is ok. looked like a bad crash. the event wasnt as good as i was hoping for but there were some nice cars there. hopefully the promoters will have all the wrinkles ironed out by the next one. im wondering how it went later on in the evening. 

Cody, JohnC and Tino like this