JRANGER

67 Mustang - Project Electra

Rate this topic:

202 posts in this topic

key thing to get is a smooth idle to off idle transition, I've had a hand full of the Edelbrock carbs and tuning them became almost second nature

JRANGER likes this

1 minute ago, KNIGHT347 said:

key thing to get is a smooth idle to off idle transition, I've had a hand full of the Edelbrock carbs and tuning them became almost second nature

Yeah ill certainly work on it a bit....ive had issues tuning holley in the past but way more luck with the edelbrock which is why i go with them

now heres the weird thing,youd think the the passenger side venturies feed the passenger bank of the engiine, Nope completely opposite way the intakes designed

JRANGER likes this

3 minutes ago, KNIGHT347 said:

now heres the weird thing,youd think the the passenger side venturies feed the passenger bank of the engiine, Nope completely opposite way the intakes designed

It figures.....

What would you say is a good idle for a 302? I have it idling about 800 rpm right now when warm

ok curiousity is this the Original engine in the car or a later install?  for example do you know the engine VIN code?

2 minutes ago, KNIGHT347 said:

ok curiousity is this the Original engine in the car or a later install?  for example do you know the engine VIN code?

Oh god no.....This car was oroginally a inline 6.....it had the 302 in it when i bought it...its a Frankenstein...

Oh ok, so its definite its a 302 and not a 289.......with the manual I would actually have its Hot idle right at 650 Rpm

Honestly i have no idea but thats what i was told and i believe thats what i checked it out to be but its been forever lol....Ill tune it down and see how it goes...it was stumbling a little earlier at 6

Posted (edited)

Autolite 26...its what i took out...They were gapped .045 when i removed them but i gapped the new ones .035

Edited by JRANGER

Id also go with some Autolite 45s on the next change and gap them at 32 so they dont work their way out too far. Old school info from a very valued source of mine.

30 minutes ago, KNIGHT347 said:

Id also go with some Autolite 45s on the next change and gap them at 32 so they dont work their way out too far. Old school info from a very valued source of mine.

Will do, i originally bought motorcraft plugs that were for a 289....the screw section was way to big so i just went with what was in it. 

Thanks for all the great info

No Prob I grew up around the older muscle cars and uncles who had them so I learned young

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, KNIGHT347 said:

No Prob I grew up around the older muscle cars and uncles who had them so I learned young

Thats one of my biggeat regrets...My dad was a really good mechanic and all i learned was oil changes and brake pads...Didnt care back then, i was all about stereo systems and 12v accessories when i wasnt doing my computer stuff..oldest car he had was a 85 TA and boy was it fun to drive. Ive been teaching myself, forum seatrchinf, you tubing, and whatever to learn for the last 5 years

Edited by JRANGER
66sprint6 and mstrpth like this

So yeah, Ive put her up for sale on Craigslist and Facebook. As much as id rather keep her i want to fund the 65.  So if you all know someone looking for a 67 coupe i have it lsited for 9k. Have about 12k invested in her parts wise... Took her out this weekend and after a few tuning things shes running and driving down the road pretty awesome. 

I have had several inquires on trades....Just not interested in boats and newer vehicles...lol  Guy at fatmoes always ask if i will sell it..Told him sat yes and he offered me 2 cars and 4k...lol  Dang taurus and some other pickup with a timing issue...Nah man...lol  He did offer me 5500 but i told him i couldnt go that low

66sprint6 and JohnC like this

Good luck man, selling the car wont hurt as bad knowing that its going to resurrect another.  Ill toss the info around some of my Mustang buddy's and see if there is any interest out there for you.

Matt

JRANGER likes this

4 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Good luck man, selling the car wont hurt as bad knowing that its going to resurrect another.  Ill toss the info around some of my Mustang buddy's and see if there is any interest out there for you.

Matt

Thanks Matt

2 hours ago, JRANGER said:

Well SOLD her....Very sad day now that im without a running vintage car.....But now i can buy stuff for the 65

Well, it opens the door to something else. :D

Question is, what's next? :hyper:

JRANGER likes this

16 hours ago, JohnC said:

Well, it opens the door to something else. :D

Question is, what's next? :hyper:

Talking to Slim about building a 331 for the 65...Also just looking around see if any others vintage cars are around for cheap i may want to grab... 

So its a lot of parts more then likely