JRANGER

67 Mustang - Project Electra

Rate this topic:

202 posts in this topic

a little sanding, cut out for the ebrake handle and now im out of sand paper....yup, this is gonna take a lot if sanding and bondo lol

20160905_094737.jpg

JohnC likes this

So your going the painted route rather than wrap it in fabric?  Keep at it, gonna take some elbow grease but you can get it slick as snot if you want!

Matt

Cover it in some frabric to match the seats and maybe add an insert down the middle to stand out, sheet aluminum or even a metallic vinyl graphic to look like polished aluminum or similar and it would look sharp and be pretty easy to do without all the sanding and bedliner outcome!  No matter what you do itll be cool tho Im sure.

Matt

JohnC likes this

Needs a couple finishingntouxhes but Double Din installed, speakers, storage bin, usb/12v power, and a few other things. Plus i got it dusty

20160925_113955.jpg

20160925_113939.jpg

JohnC likes this

Needs a couple finishingntouxhes but Double Din installed, speakers, storage bin, usb/12v power, and a few other things. Plus i got it dusty

20160925_113955.jpg

20160925_113939.jpg

Great job homie! Looks awesome!

Slim's Speed Shop

ok so wired up and installed.. Tested out all the audio and adjusted settings. Good video quality and functiona. Pretty happy with by $200 android radio/gps.

Now the problem..took her out and took off while.in 2nd...A nasty burning smell showed up and on top of that she was running a bit rough. May just be the gas kn that part but the smell.is concerning and now the rear end which had a small leak has a much bigger one as i found a wet spot in the garage...So i guess i need to pull the chunk....Was already in the cards but was holding off..Wish i would of found out before ordering a 1 wire 100amp alt

oh also i bed lined the original radio box and put in a cup holder/change bin...cup older prob isnt as functional as it doesnt come out far enough

20161001_094851.jpg

20161001_100641.jpg

20161001_100629.jpg

20161001_110640.jpg

Installed a powermaster 1 wire 100amp alt friday. Got the rear end tore apart yesterday, naturally the parts stores didnt have gasket and seals. So ive ordered them and will upgrade my rear chunk from 280 to 325 so she gonna have a lil more pep. Bye hwy mpg lol....

FB_IMG_1476025486755.jpg

20161007_181949.jpg

installed the rear chunk and torqued to 30lbs. Pushed the axels in a made sure everything fit right and turned. 

I was going to put the whole rear back together but i decided the drums were old and rusty and needed replaced so since i had everything taken a part i ordered a rear disc conversion for toms classics. 11 discs and was rather cheap. So ill install those when they get here and continue to reassemble the rear.

20161015_154006.jpg

also installed a new shifter and the boot

20161015_110035.jpg

JohnC likes this