Sleepelx

New to the forum

44 posts in this topic

Gotcha, I moved up here from Florida 3 years ago. I like the area, I'm just use to the car scene back home. It was pretty active with cruises almost every night and the track was only 10 mins away.   So far in the cookeville area there isn't much going on, A few young guys get together and stare at each other or their phones. That's pretty much it. 

We used to go to I40 dragway in Crossville a lot when I was up there.  It's under construction still, but should be open again soon and really nice from the looks of pictures.  I always like it up there.  We used to street race out by the Ag center on Gainesboro grade.

2 minutes ago, Mike said:

We used to go to I40 dragway in Crossville a lot when I was up there.  It's under construction still, but should be open again soon and really nice from the looks of pictures.  I always like it up there.  We used to street race out by the Ag center on Gainesboro grade.

My boss is one of the owners, They were hoping to have it ready by july. Looks like it will be a little bit later than that. No official time frame. 

5 minutes ago, Tino said:

Welcome to streetntrack.net. 

Nice mustang 

Thank you, You too. I had a notch that was the same color. I miss that car sometimes.

Tino likes this

4 hours ago, Sleepelx said:

Hopefully I will change my clutch out soon and go out there and run it a few times. 

Did you say clutch?   Then, welcome! 

Cody likes this

7 hours ago, Ashley P said:

Did you say clutch?   Then, welcome! 

Yeah, it's time to go bigger. Stock clutch is weak and no Bueno for more power. 

18 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Welcome!!! :w00t:

Best ET in that GT500? :hyper:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't run it on the track yet, hopefully soon though. 

Welcome!!!  What part of Florida?  The car scene around here is alot more laid back but you can still dig up some fun from time to time if you know where to look.

Matt

9 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Welcome!!!  What part of Florida?  The car scene around here is alot more laid back but you can still dig up some fun from time to time if you know where to look.

Matt

I lived in the St.pete/Clearwater area, grew up in north Florida. My family has property outside of Gainsville. It is far more laid back here, we had something going on nearly every night.

I enjoy both, I live in Cookeville. 

Cars & Coffee usually has big turnouts.

@Mike can list the shows and meets around Hendersonville and Gallatin.

There used to be a couple car gatherings in Mt Juliet. One used to be occasionally held at Providence Mall at the Chick-Fil-A.

If you want to race down in Mexico doing rolls, I can link you up with those guys.

Music City Raceway also has some decent action some nights. Clarksville has a track that I believe has most of the fast cars like Barry's TT LSx blazer.

More to come when I get time....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk