Ashley P

Duramax LLY head gaskets?

35 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, aminga said:

The old 7.3 trucks never had much power either.

None of the old diesels  had much power, but they didn't break down NEARLY as often as these emissions engines with common rail (high pressure) injection.

Hands down both Duramax and Powerstrokes have their issues, Cummins are my go to diesel.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, KNIGHT347 said:

Hands down both Duramax and Powerstrokes have their issues, Cummins are my go to diesel.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

And still their high pressure/emissions trucks break down 100x more often than the old 12 valve.   I fixed a cummins last week that died and would not restart....broken injector line.  Have fixed a few of them on the high pressure trucks, never on an older one.  (The test drive was neat, it would downshift at 30 and spin until 40.  35x12.5 AT tires.)

I never had any issues out of my 6.7 cummins but I deleted all the emissions on it when I got it. Those 7.3 fords were **** good trucks, I'd still take a 12 valve over one though.

Ashley P likes this

^  Gotta 2013 w/53xxx miles with NOx sensor and DEF temp sensor codes.  Multiple codes for the #1 NOx, only one code for the temp, so I put in the NOx  $350+ part!  Took care of those codes, but the temp sensor is still stuck at 158*F.   Book says it needs thewhole tank assy.  Over $700 for that, part only.

Late model diesels are JUNK because of emissions regs!

Tino likes this