JRANGER

55 F100 "Pandora" Restro Mod Build

Rate this topic:

124 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I'd get a body shop guy to get rid of the spare tire dimple in that fender, too. :yes:

Definitely not a priority but eventually that will happen

JohnC likes this

26 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I'd get a body shop guy to get rid of the spare tire dimple in that fender, too. :yes:

How about a 5th custom wheel/tire carried as a spare right where it's supposed to be.  

Just ordered some wires,connectors,universal fuse block, turn signal switch and gauges so i can get to work

order.jpg

Decide on the motor yet?

Is there a way to crank up the power in that original motor?

Might be cool just to get it up around 300-350hp + a lumpy cam. :yes:

Yeah, ive heard you can do some stuff to them but im not sure a whole lot. A 4 barrel upgrade would be nice and having a choke. I am really not fond of the clutch but i am definitely going to save up more money before i start dreaming about what do but i do have a bit more money coming this month so you never know :)

Is the clutch stiff or does it shudder?  A 302 or 351 swap would be quick, cheap and simple enough to have a great cruiser in no time.  Do a T5 swap while your at it and a cable clutch and you would have a setup that would be easy on the leg and fun to drive.  

Matt

Its different....My understanding is its how they are but its engages are the top of the pedal so its a very short throw for my long legs and well different.  A t5 would be nice but the lazy side of me says Auto as well . 302/AOD combo could be nice......

Can you adjust the linkage or anything to make the throw any different?  My 66 was like that too and I HATED it but now I love it, barely rock my ankle and its engaged.  Autos are boring, I miss the 3 on the tree that was in the 77!!!

Matt

My understanding is no but it may just take me getting use to it. There is a rod but they said it doesnt really adjust the throw

finished up the clustwr wiring on the cluster itself then installed my fuse panel and did some testing with an led strip. Oddly enough you cant turn the key all the way to get power, have to stop just short...weird20160328_183847-1.jpg

JohnC likes this

Gauges are all wired up except the turn signals. Battery is dead of course and i cant start the truck so its charging for the 15th time...I need to get a new battery

index.jpg

JohnC and Cody like this