fordrule

64 ford falcon ~turbo build. Aka Broomhilda

Rate this topic:

183 posts in this topic

Need to fix the fpr mounting. Too close to the downpipe and finish the bracket holding the turbo to the head

dada9218cc63f4cc88b50c1f1c46cdf4.jpg

893614247269ecf5f80cca22567a4b04.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Keep at it, its getting there.  Make it strong and then pretty will come along down the road.  (Im still waiting for that part of the road LOL)

Matt

Cody likes this

I'm grinding and rewelding. Ran out of argon...and speed and heat was off.. still learning.

I can help you with the welding if you need/want any.

JohnC likes this

Its getting there!  Intercooler and charge pipes then it will make noise?

Matt

Need to figure out vacuum lines and where to get the boost and vacuum. There isn't a off valve on the intake manifold and no boss to drill on the turbo9d29486fa9cd4fb6b85b8c6f610eb405.jpg

Lookin good.  Are you going to 90* the charge pipes from the intercooler into the radiator/grill support or go down and 90* into the wheel well area like I did in the 66?  If your shooting for the 2nd, could you flip the intercooler without pushing the intercooler out too far?

Matt

Ok cool.  I dont know how the bumpers attach on the Falcons or if you have similar supports but Ill be interested in seeing how you have to route everything!  If I didnt have the front bumper, like if I ran an R style valance then I may have tried to flip the intercooler and have the inlet/outlet at the bottom but the way I ran it BARELY clears the bumper supports and I only had to massage the headlight backing on the front fenders slightly to allow the pipe a straight shot so I was happy to go that route.

Matt