fordrule

64 ford falcon ~turbo build. Aka Broomhilda

Rate this topic:

203 posts in this topic

Well at a stand still. Need some rear shackles now...so going to order some and change the focus..finish the brake line plumping and setting up the roll control...

Question do I leave the rear brake line disconnected since I haven't run those lines and just put a plug in that port and bleed the fronts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Brake lines...ohhhh how i hate brake lines after this weekend..lol 

Hopefully you can get those shackles quick and get the rear under. Car is looking good and moving right along

JohnC likes this

Well dangit, if I was off on Fridays that would be great...

Also we are getting on a plane and headed to Commi land, we are visiting my in-laws this weekend so we will be back in the bay area till next Tuesday.

Well this happened yesterday. Got the heads off also but didn't take a picture.ill take one today need to clean up Block deck from the carbon buildup and all the old gaskets...finally figure out if the pushrods I got from Joey are the right length.

b633171b37277ffc598f50b171a15265.jpg

89ebf3ae9570eb9ddee0d5ca1ee29cb8.jpg

224e132c9fc59be23b679b0868e10320.jpg

1f3cd29a10e090529680044c90e48a35.jpg

ls1adam84 and JohnC like this

I'll take some more pics of the progress. Need to use clamps on the ubolts to make sure I don't jack up the threads when installing on the plates for the caltracks and start to measure a couple times to make sure they are the right distance. Someone said something about crites sells leafspring relocation to move them to the inside of the frame for more tire clearance

JohnC likes this

Working on the teardown and clean up of the 260.. drained all fluids. Cleaned up the deck and the walls..

New high volume and high pressure pump with new pickup for the higher capacity pan. ARP oil pan studs

b165d6b36485ab867224c45a89b92226.jpg

9e58699015cb3e6570a26a2ba9cc9dbc.jpg82efb244eda6d6b675238a1628baf18a.jpg

fc658615f5f67d5dd692d66f29f98489.jpg

9c03d177e878c6e95e8fbb9814784f1c.jpg

Still need to chase the treads for the ARP head studs..anything special for installing them. All fluids is out.

Need some help and guidance...the cam retainer plate bolt stripped out... was going to put a Heil coil or just drill a little more and tap it for the next size?

Still don't know on the pushrods yet. Using a 351w turbo roller cam and trick flow 1.6 roller rockers...

So close to having that together and then get the rear-end welded and keep the ball rolling... wedding in September 10th... supposed to be the getaway vehicle

66sprint6 likes this

29 minutes ago, fordrule said:

... wedding in September 10th... supposed to be the getaway vehicle

Better get on it!!!  Try to chase the threads on that stripped hole yet to see if its salvageable without drilling or helicoil?  I have an adjustable pushrod if you need it to find the right length down the road.

Matt

I saw the pics on FB, what happened? 

*Edit* I apologize for not asking if you were ok originally, I assumed since you were able to post this up that you were ok. Was anyone else in the car?

Edited by ls1adam84