SBrian2

New old guy

17 posts in this topic

I recognize a lot of names here from the old Tennesspeed site.  I had swore off car forums for the past few years because I really didn't have time for them and also didn't want to deal with a lot of the drama that comes with them.  I really want to reconnect with the car community now that I have a little more free time.  I'm not an import guy, not a domestic guy, not a truck guy, nor a hot rod guy, I am all of those.  I love cars of all types and hate to see the condemnation that many of these forums bring, hopefully this place is different.  My current stable is quite diverse and consists of:

1957 Chevy 150 sedan - former drag car with a big block, now pro street

1989 Toyota 4x4 - cosmetically restored

1991 Honda CRX hf - the gas sipper

1995 Mazda Miata - low buck caged track car

1995 Mazda Miata - 50K mile R package turbo project

2000 Chevrolet Corvette FRC - autocross car

2004 Chevrolet 2500HD 4x4 - tow rig

2006 Trailblazer SS - garage queen

2007 BMW 328i - daily driver

Edited by SBrian2
mstrpth, Cody and JohnC like this

Ask and ye shall receive.  The only photos that aren't entirely accurate are the CRX, it looks much rougher these days and has a bike rack on top of it now and the red Miata is actually my old 1990 that I sold, but scavenged all the parts off of to put on the 1995 and don't have a pic of it in the current state.

14_57.jpg

5_toyota.jpg

4_CRX.jpg

13_Track Car.jpg

10_Turbo Miata.jpg

16_FRC.jpg

9_2500HD_2.jpg

11_TBSS.jpg

15_BMW.jpg

Cody and JohnC like this

1 minute ago, Disney said:

You should start a car collection. I think you'll enjoy it!

Like you are one to talk?:cheers:

Disney likes this

Welcome, Brain! :welcome: 

We're pretty diverse here. I haven't seen anyone picking on other folks rides via brand loyalty or anything, so I think you'll feel at home around here. :up: 

We're also drama free. More or less, we're like a big family here. :love: 

Enjoy the place! :w00t: 

What's the story on the Toyota? 

My neighbor had one of those in dark blue metallic and he ran the absolute piss out of that truck and it never gave him any issues. 

Welcome back. I remember the name and TBSS from tennespeed days. The blue FRC must be fairly rare production wise. I really like that and the 57. :up:

JohnC likes this

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 5:40 PM, JohnC said:

What's the story on the Toyota? 

My neighbor had one of those in dark blue metallic and he ran the absolute piss out of that truck and it never gave him any issues. 

I bought that truck in 1999 with just under a 100K miles on it, painted it, put a 2" body lift on it, and the wheels then sold it to my parents in 2003 to buy a 4Runner.  I borrowed it a few weeks later and it was at my house when a hail storm came through and beat the crap out of it.  My parents used it for the next 10 years and never fixed the hail damage or ever even washed it, but kept it maintained and put limited miles on it.  I bought it back 2 years ago and restored it cosmetically for my wife to put around town in.  It has just over 160K on it now.

23 hours ago, Tino said:

Welcome man. Nice cars. I really like the black miata with red stripes

Thanks, I have a build thread of that on another forum if your interested, but it is pretty out of date. http://www.trscca.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1676&sid=fc7a7c836890ef68e1929bfc5f0143f6

23 hours ago, slim_9916 said:

Welcome back. I remember the name and TBSS from tennespeed days. The blue FRC must be fairly rare production wise. I really like that and the 57. :up:

Thanks, the FRC is pretty rare. Only 391 built in that color over 2 years.

JohnC, slim_9916 and Tino like this

Nassau blue is one of my favorite colors on a c5. I gave up on finding one and went red.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Chad said:

Nassau blue is one of my favorite colors on a c5. I gave up on finding one and went red.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I didn't even know they made a Nassau FRC. I've always wanted a white FRC and they're hard to come by as well.

Chad likes this