tooslow

Noob

22 posts in this topic

Hello.  Getting back on car forums since I finally have something that has somewhat decent performance.  I traded my '07 LS460 (luxury barge) for a '15 Chevy SS (aka: Holden Commodore.)  After the test drive, I knew this was going to be my next daily driver.  It's a larger mid-size 4 door, but it felt like driving my old C5 Z06.  Sure enough, I looked up lap times for stock vehicles and the SS beat out a '02 Z06 by 5 seconds on a 1.3mi road course (Willow Springs.)  It also outran the Hellcat Charger by a second, although I wouldn't stand a chance in a 1/4mi showdown.  It's not that quick in a straight line, but you would never guess the car would handle like it does.  GM doesn't market them, so they are low sellers (around 2500 a year since '14.)  Hope to get in on some dyno and track days soon.  Future plans will be to add a LSA once the warranty is gone.  :)  Only thing I've done so far is a tune, cold air setup, and deleted the resonators so you can better hear the V8.

Edited by tooslow
JohnC, mstrpth and Cody like this

I wish it looked more sporty, but at least I don't have to worry about sticking out in a crowd or have anyone try to goad me into a street race.  Most people have no clue what it is.  It's easier to tell them I stuffed a LS3 into a new Impala/Malibu and converted it to RWD.  LOL

Pics?  It looks like a rental car.   LOL

mstrpth and Cody like this

This was after removing the resonators.  Still doesn't sound as good as many cars on this site, but it's an improvement over the stock sound and much cheaper than a cat-back.  Next step will be cutting off the single tips and adding a pair of staggered dual tips to properly fill in the cutouts.

mstrpth, JohnC and Chad like this

Welcome from another GM powered sedan owner. Looks good.  Is it LTZ or what kind of package is it? 

Cody likes this

Just a Chevrolet SS. No package. The only options are a 6-speed manual, sunroof, and full size spare.  Mine has the roof and spare.  I opted for the autotragic since it's a daily.....  To cause further confusion, I removed the SS emblem from the back. I sprayed the front and rear gold bowtie with black plastidip.  Gold on silver isn't a good match. 

Cody and JohnC like this

No cam, but you're right about the other 2 items.  Unless I turn this into a weekend toy, I'll keep the mods mild. ;)  

Thanks for all the welcomes.  

JohnC likes this