Rate this topic:

1,439 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, JRANGER said:

says the guy that atleast lives in a relative distance of other Mustang peeps

HA true...you should move out this way!

Matt

Theres a nice house in my new neighborhood up for sale.  Shoot, woulda cut you a deal on my old house even.  Then I wouldnt have had to get rid of my stock pile of parts, coulda just added all of it to your pile :lol:

Matt

mstrpth likes this

4 minutes ago, 66sprint6 said:

Theres a nice house in my new neighborhood up for sale.  Shoot, woulda cut you a deal on my old house even.  Then I wouldnt have had to get rid of my stock pile of parts, coulda just added all of it to your pile :lol:

Matt

Not nearly enough Garage space. 4 car to a 2 car? psssssh

5 hours ago, JRANGER said:

Not nearly enough Garage space. 4 car to a 2 car? psssssh

How many cars you got that NEED to be under cover?  It had a 20 car driveway ;)

:lol:

Matt

Ashley P likes this

On 12/12/2018 at 2:32 PM, 66sprint6 said:

How many cars you got that NEED to be under cover?  It had a 20 car driveway ;)

:lol:

Matt

Currently 3 :)  Both mustangs and my challenger

Challenger can sit outside, Mustangs would have room to chill under cover.  Actually that garage was a bit cramped with two Mustangs in it which eventually led to the BlueCoupe being sold :smirk:.  Now I have room to keep the running heaps in the back of the yard and the not running heaps up front by the house.

Matt

I would advise you get your workshop done sooner.

I made the mistake of saying it could wait, now I am not certain how/when we are going to happen.

Also glad to see the mustang out and about, this is what I will be doing once we get around to it for my wife.

66sprint6 likes this

I have the garage once we get all the moving boxes out of it and the Pole Barn allows me plenty of room in the garage due to not having to store the car in there.  I still want a good dedicated work space and a lift but it will have to wait.  Ill make due with what I have till then and call it a small step forward!

Matt

ls1adam84 likes this

12 minutes ago, 66sprint6 said:

I have the garage once we get all the moving boxes out of it and the Pole Barn allows me plenty of room in the garage due to not having to store the car in there.  I still want a good dedicated work space and a lift but it will have to wait.  Ill make due with what I have till then and call it a small step forward!

Matt

Yeah man that's still awesome, I was thinking I would first tackle a She-shed for the wife so we can do the woodworking in there and not get sawdust all over everything especially since she sucks at cleaning up after herself...

66sprint6 likes this

Matt, I do have a mess while I am working kinda. I have a method to it and put all the bolts with the parts as i remove them. If it is going to be any amount of time I get platic bags and label them.

Once I am done for that day I clean the tools and put them away.

Woodworking I cut what I need then blow out the garage.

She will leave tools all over the place, and leave sawdust till the second coming of Christ if I don't say/do something about it lol.

66sprint6 likes this

Got the 66 out for New Years breakfast...well...lunch really by the time we got to it. 

Bringing in 2019.jpg

Again, havnt TOUCHED it mechanically since getting back from Shades in Sept.  Fired right up, and outside of the parking brake being broken (broke before Shades) it went great.  Still need to fix that cable, get the starter heat shield in place and then...well nothing really.  Theres a bunch of stuff I WANT to do, narrow the Exploder 8.8, get the proper offset wheels for the back, maybe look at EPAS steering but otherwise it runs and drives well enough to go anywhere anytime!  Oh, I also need to get with Disney and dial in the low rpm/low speed tuning but unless I get into a traffic jam or have to cruise around the parking lot looking for a spot, its not an issue.

Drove the Wagon later in the day and Im almost convinced now that a T5 swap is what its missing to be a really fun car...we shall see tho.

Oh, and Luke loved riding around in the 66.  He was super talkative and fun while we were out in it.  The yard was super mushy and I didnt want to rut it up too bad so I left it in the driveway last night and this morning I had a hell of a time getting Luke into his seat in the Wagon because he kept twisting to look at the 66.  He was pointing at it and saying Dadda...brrrrrrrrrrrooom.  Love that kid.

Matt

Ashley P, Disney, mstrpth and 2 others like this

Well...as much as I like to complain about the brake FEEL in the 66, I can now attest that they do their job as well as can be expected for what they are.  Drove the car to Church and to lunch and an older Buick decided to pull a SLOOOOW left in front of me at an intersection.  I got on the brakes hoping the guy would find the accelerator like a normal Fing human being but nope.  Continued the slow turn across my front with no regard or worry about the BRIGHT RED and chrome car heading towards his passenger door.  Got on them harder, locked them up for a bit, let out and steering slightly left missing the back of his car by HAIRS if even.  Wouldnt have been surprised if some of his paint woulda showed up on the front bumper corner.  Even after all that the bastard just cruised away, never looked over, never reacted, never sped up or slowed down.  Just idled his way down the road.  Ive been back down that stretch twice now and the skids are perfectly even side to side and straight as can be so I guess everything is where it oughta be.  Back end didnt try to come around and other than being the typical non-abs, skid further than you would like sorta deal, no drama.  I was on edge needless to say (didnt help that shortly before that a lady tried to turn right from a non turn lane across the front of the car) but all is well.  Luke didnt even wake up from his Flowmaster induced nap :lol:

Good job old girl, we narrowly avoided disaster once again.

Matt

Ashley P, JRANGER, Tino and 2 others like this