Rate this topic:

1,410 posts in this topic

BAD life choice...no way!  The last straw on the 6 banger setup came about in his shop talking bout who knows what and standing around the Lincoln.  The rest is history and Im excited to be driving, and updating the old POS again!

Matt

ls1adam84 likes this

1 hour ago, 66sprint6 said:

BAD life choice...no way!  The last straw on the 6 banger setup came about in his shop talking bout who knows what and standing around the Lincoln.  The rest is history and Im excited to be driving, and updating the old POS again!

Matt

I know man, it's just a funny expression towards spending more money on car parts, that money can be invested, or put somewhere to make more money lol.

66sprint6 likes this

Yeah I hear ya.  I like to try to be as smart as I can with what little I got, but I also like cruisin down the backroads grinnin ear to ear from time to time in my old Jalopy.  Cant invest that and I cant make money doin it but damn do I like it anyways :lol:

Matt

ls1adam84 likes this

3 minutes ago, 66sprint6 said:

Yeah I hear ya.  I like to try to be as smart as I can with what little I got, but I also like cruisin down the backroads grinnin ear to ear from time to time in my old Jalopy.  Cant invest that and I cant make money doin it but damn do I like it anyways :lol:

Matt

Ohhhhh man do I understand ya. 

These are our bad life choices, but they are sooooo good. 

66sprint6 likes this

SO good! 

I was gonna drive it to work this morning but am not feelin so hot and its way too cold out so I said forget it.  Later in the week if it warms up or I start feelin better Im gonna drive it more.

Matt

JohnC and ls1adam84 like this

You are investing in your emotional well being by spending on the project car.  At least that's how I justify it to myself.

Tax time is coming up fast, you better get this thing ironed out now so it doesn't have to sit while you work like crazy the next couple months.

66sprint6, Cody, mstrpth and 3 others like this

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

You are investing in your emotional well being by spending on the project car.  At least that's how I justify it to myself.

Tax time is coming up fast, you better get this thing ironed out now so it doesn't have to sit while you work like crazy the next couple months.

Mike, that is how I put it too, my wife understands that one, and is generally ok with spending money on mental health items... Hahaha.

66sprint6 and JohnC like this

46 minutes ago, Mike said:

If I can keep it running during the coming months, I can regain some sanity during the rush by driving it to work on nicer days.  Never really wanted to do that before with how off the carb was ad how finicky it was.  Feels rock solid and is making me think that its gonna be reliable in the long run too!

Matt

ls1adam84, JohnC and Ashley P like this

21 minutes ago, 66sprint6 said:

If I can keep it running during the coming months, I can regain some sanity during the rush by driving it to work on nicer days.  Never really wanted to do that before with how off the carb was ad how finicky it was.  Feels rock solid and is making me think that its gonna be reliable in the long run too!

Matt

I used to get 19 miles with 3 stop signs and 2 mile-ish long straights with almost no traffic to blow off steam on the way home.  I totally see your point. :up:

Cody and 66sprint6 like this

8 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

I just checked the many many that Ive aquired over the years and....nope, they all cost money AND time LOL

...and are all, well mostly, worth every minute and penny!

Matt

Yeah none of my hobbies are cheap/free, but they're so much fun.

I mean if you consider dreaming of winning the lottery a hobby that's free kind of, just takes a little bit of time, but since I don't play the lotto it's somewhat freein initial cost... lol

66sprint6 and mstrpth like this

Took her back out today after adjusting the clutch quadrant.  Pedal feels awesome, car runs great and the sucker rides so nice and is much much much more composed...subframe connectors are a MUST on these things.  Brakes are even feeling better after driving it around today BUT Ive already got some changes coming to try and get things a little better in that dept. 

Sittin Pretty.jpg

Sittin Pretty 2.jpg

I still smell a little bit after driving so Im gonna have to look into the holes under the car, maybe see if the trunk seal is ok (was replaced in '99) and look at a couple other things.  Maybe the old inline tossed so much soot from running rich all the time into the exhaust that the sweet running 302 stinks.  My Fox smelled good even without cats so Im sure this sucker will get better in time.

Matt

Mike, mstrpth, Cody and 2 others like this

I need a GoPro or similar, then I could get some good action shots!!!

Matt

The GoPro Hero 6 Black is awesome. They’re on sale $100 off. Get the suction cup mount.

BestBuy had them with free 32gb memory card plus $100 off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

66sprint6 likes this

Had Kathleen talked into one to double as a video camera for Luke/Family outings etc but didnt like some of the reviews of the newest camera offerings from GoPro and then kinda got overwhelmed researching these things and backed away slowly.  I NEED to pick up a camera for family stuff and would love it to be able to do car related filming at the same time.

Matt

I’m looking into a gopro hero 5 black for car stuff.  About $280.  It has the high resolution and gps/telemetry stuff that car stuff requires.  Waterproof to 10k.  Checks all my boxes.

Ashley P and 66sprint6 like this

On 2/6/2018 at 6:59 AM, mstrpth said:

are there any hobbies that don't cost money or time? that's what I need :lol: 

I'm been pondering and can't think of a single one.  Free hobby = oxymoron.

66sprint6 and ls1adam84 like this