Rate this topic:

1,303 posts in this topic

Man... that flywheel fix was huge. I was sweating bullets when I pulled the old one out and could tell it was the right imbalance. When Matt brought the Ford one over we could see that the balance pad was in the wrong spot. 

Got the new pushrods in and everything shimmed up. No more clackety clack valvetrain. Tied up some wiring loose ends and buttoned things up. Just need to do some driving and tuning now. 

20180128_000001.jpg

20180128_000100.jpg

Ashley P, 66sprint6, JohnC and 2 others like this

Damn Gina!

I think there might be some fun here as I "think" this summer I might be giving the C10 a bit of a face lift with a T56, and building the SBC and turning it into a TBI car with megasquirt.

ALthough I think an explorer motor in the C10 would really piss some people off.

66sprint6 likes this

3 minutes ago, ls1adam84 said:

Damn Gina!

I think there might be some fun here as I "think" this summer I might be giving the C10 a bit of a face lift with a T56, and building the SBC and turning it into a TBI car with megasquirt.

ALthough I think an explorer motor in the C10 would really piss some people off.

Oh please don't use a stock TBI setup. Or.. .Any TBI really. Port inject that sucker!

ls1adam84 and 66sprint6 like this

1 minute ago, Disney said:

Oh please don't use a stock TBI setup. Or.. .Any TBI really. Port inject that sucker!

I haven't found a good FI setup other than the Holley TBI style EFI conversion kit.

2 hours ago, ls1adam84 said:

I mean I could look for LT1 parts and do an MS setup?

You could always talk to Joey about his 4.6L He tore out of a vic and dropped in his 61F100 that he now is gonna replace with a Coyote...

Edited by JRANGER
ls1adam84 likes this

On 1/28/2018 at 0:17 AM, Disney said:

Man... that flywheel fix was huge. I was sweating bullets when I pulled the old one out and could tell it was the right imbalance. When Matt brought the Ford one over we could see that the balance pad was in the wrong spot. 

Got the new pushrods in and everything shimmed up. No more clackety clack valvetrain. Tied up some wiring loose ends and buttoned things up. Just need to do some driving and tuning now. 

20180128_000001.jpg

It looks so clean and simple.  I hope you get to drive the wheels off it now and less working on it.

ls1adam84, 66sprint6 and Disney like this

3 hours ago, Mike said:

It looks so clean and simple.  I hope you get to drive the wheels off it now and less working on it.

After our flywheel breakthru and seeing all the electrical work Disney has poured into it...I think its finally going to happen.  I guess I should rephrase that tho, less working in the engine bay.  I can finally start working elsewhere on other well over-due issues...and some that the new setup are causing (wheel hop etc).  Im lookin forward to doing some shake down trips to see if I can shake out any bugs along the way, then heading to Shades of the Past more confident than ever that itll be an issue free trip!

Matt

ls1adam84 and Cody like this

5 minutes ago, 66sprint6 said:

After our flywheel breakthru and seeing all the electrical work Disney has poured into it...I think its finally going to happen.  I guess I should rephrase that tho, less working in the engine bay.  I can finally start working elsewhere on other well over-due issues...and some that the new setup are causing (wheel hop etc).  Im lookin forward to doing some shake down trips to see if I can shake out any bugs along the way, then heading to Shades of the Past more confident than ever that itll be an issue free trip!

Matt

If you have old i6 leafs ive got some v8 leafs that look decent. I was told they were new but sat out...Usually help with wheel hop, i only removed them with 4.5 mid eyes

Edited by JRANGER

4 minutes ago, 66sprint6 said:

Dang you guys!  Where we're y'all 5 years ago when I FINALLY ditched the saggy stockers and went with grabatrac mid eyes??? 

Matt

i was actually probably in the middle of swapping my 67 with grab a track 4.5 std eye leafs. lol

JohnC and 66sprint6 like this

Just picked her up from Disneys and went on a long drive around the area...cant believe I have waited this long to do this.  The turbo setup was amazing and fun, but this little car NEEDED this smallblock.  Or, I needed it to get what I want out of it.  Great power down low in any gear at any speed and it cruises right along with ease.  The tune, as far as I can tell at the moment, is SPOT ON and feels amazing.  Im gonna put some miles on it and see what shakes out but this was by far the best drive Ive had in it in a long long while.  Cant thank you enough Disney!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And to not leave yall hangin, heres a little start up and idle vid when I got it home.

Fires right up, high torque starter sounds great and does its job (tho it will be replaced with a better quality unit) and it idles nice.  The fuel pump is loud as hell so Im gonna look into that, I need to space the oil pump pickup off the bottom of the pan and the alt needs to be straightened up but all those things can be sorted while I drive it around!!!!  So beyond happy right now...I love this car again.

Matt

Disney, Ashley P, mstrpth and 4 others like this

3 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Just picked her up from Disneys and went on a long drive around the area...cant believe I have waited this long to do this.  The turbo setup was amazing and fun, but this little car NEEDED this smallblock.  Or, I needed it to get what I want out of it.  Great power down low in any gear at any speed and it cruises right along with ease.  The tune, as far as I can tell at the moment, is SPOT ON and feels amazing.  Im gonna put some miles on it and see what shakes out but this was by far the best drive Ive had in it in a long long while.  Cant thank you enough Disney!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And to not leave yall hangin, heres a little start up and idle vid when I got it home.

Fires right up, high torque starter sounds great and does its job (tho it will be replaced with a better quality unit) and it idles nice.  The fuel pump is loud as hell so Im gonna look into that, I need to space the oil pump pickup off the bottom of the pan and the alt needs to be straightened up but all those things can be sorted while I drive it around!!!!  So beyond happy right now...I love this car again.

Matt

Congrats!

66sprint6 likes this

13 minutes ago, 66sprint6 said:

Forgot to add this earlier.  What a great feeling!

Cruisin.jpg

Time to remove the M6A decal in the lower corner of the windshield!

Matt

Nice view!  (Interior, hood, winding country road.  Memories...)

(Good to see the new engine has upped your top speed to what...45?  :duck:)

66sprint6 likes this

Nah, the new motor doesnt put down what the old one would BUT it puts it down in a much better way for what I want with this car.  Its goooooooooood now.  Oh...and both motors would overpower the suspension and brakes as they are right now.  Its close to being predictable but not quite there yet.

Matt

JohnC and ls1adam84 like this

My pleasure! That was a fun project. Matt gave me a good platform to work off of and freedom to do what I wanted. End result speaks for itself.

Edited by Disney
JohnC and 66sprint6 like this