Rate this topic:

1,094 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, ls1adam84 said:

The pickup tube to pump o-ring doesn't go bad unless you remove it and you don't put it back in and seat the pickup tube back into the oil pump properly.

Keep tellin' yourself that, Caitlyn.  lol    They get hard and allow AIR into the oil system which is murder on the AFM stuff.   

Don't have to worry bout any of that in this build, LS coils are as far as the disease is spreading on this build.  If it were an early Camaro then it would be LS swapped so fast it would make this build thread spin BUT since cars can't be Transmanufacturer last I checked, it's still a Mustang and still Ford powered.

Matt

Ashley P, mstrpth and JRANGER like this

Preliminary reports are that the garage floor rebuild is passing the early tests and the bottom end is playing nice!  Cant wait to be able to put some decent miles on it and start enjoying/trusting it again!!!

Matt

JohnC likes this

12 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Preliminary reports are that the garage floor rebuild is passing the early tests and the bottom end is playing nice!  Cant wait to be able to put some decent miles on it and start enjoying/trusting it again!!!

Matt

T-minus until home built turbo kit. :yes:

ls1adam84 likes this

HA!  Never know!  Still have the intercooler and holes are there for piping.  In all reality, a T trim or similar blower with the front mount would be my pick if I go forced induction.  A bump in compression and some porting would likely be alot of fun too.  As it sits, Im sure itll be a blast to drive, and if I were to start racing it, working on traction and driver mod would get me by for a while.  If its half as fun as the BlueCoupe was with similar setup and is reliable to boot...Ill be beyond happy!

Mat

JRANGER likes this

Went on first V8 powered drive last night. We've got a wicked RPM vibration and some clackety valvetrain right now. Those things aside, it runs grrrreat!!!!  Spend several hours this weekend working on idle. Got it pretty dang smooth right now, still like to tweak it some more. Fuel map is getting pretty good, but still can't rev it up much due to the balance issue. Coast down is good. Startup is good. Coming to a stop is good...  Getting all the tough things out of the way that way WOT tuning is the last thing (and easiest). Matt has a bunch of parts on order so hopefully we'll find the root cause of the vibration and valvetrain noise. 

JRANGER and 66sprint6 like this

Yeah...so last night I heard a Mustang rolling into the neighborhood...not uncommon as there are roughly 7 or so (that I know of) that float around mine included.  This one, however, actually sounded pretty decent so I looked outside and whatdoyaknow...there's the 66 cruising around the corner!  Was good to see her out and about despite the small issues Disney spoke of.  Hopefully a couple packages will show up today or tomorrow and we can get to the bottom of it.  Again, Disney...I cant say enough about the work you put in and cant wait to see the finished product...well, to CRUISE the finished product on a roadtrip to who cares where!

Oh...and Luke appeared to like it as well LOL

Matt

Disney likes this

Its been fun for sure!!!  Once we get the little annoyances ironed out I feel like itll be everything I hoped it would be...

FINALLY!!!

Owned this car for 20 years now and its headed back in the right direction again!

Matt

ls1adam84 and Disney like this

I worked on a 351 swap car one time where they put a 50oz flywheel on a 28oz motor.  It was a pretty nasty vibration.  I bet you're right on with this one.

66sprint6 likes this

Sucky thing is I verified that I at least ORDERED the correct imbalance but that doesnt mean that a) I got the right one or b) it isnt junk.  It was a LUK brand cheapo from Summit.  This time I went a little more...reliable I guess you can say.  Hope this smooths it right up.

Matt