Rate this topic:

911 posts in this topic

It hit everyone.  They are trying to basically extort $400 from everyone that has used photobucket in the past.  Of course everyone uses it for 3rd party hosting.  What  other purpose did photobucket have?  You can't print pictures from there and you can't get get funny merchandise with your pictures.  So it's only purpose is a place to post pictures and share them.

You can download everything like this.  http://support.photobucket.com/hc/en-us/articles/201892970-Downloading-Albums

I've been putting all my pictures here and link them to other forums.  I downloaded all my stuff from photobucket last week and closed my account.  It sucks for all my past build threads, but if someone needs a picture they'll ask.

$40/MONTH.... Forty Bucks... Every Month. They have lost their Friggin minds. Aint no friggin way in this day and age that people will pony up that kind of money for simple image hosting. 

Its asinine.  They wont refund any money either BUT I paid for the middle package last week but have not had any changes happen still to this day so I requested a full refund.  I wont get it but I will be doing the same as everyone else in the world, pulling my pictures from the site and watch them sink into the depths of obscurity.  Good job idiots.  If they come out and say the $10 package, which I paid for, will work, then Ill keep going with them but $40 is lunacy!

Matt

Disney likes this

Yeah, $10 I MIGHT consider. Maybe... If i've been drinking. But $40 will never happen. aint no way no how. @JohnC set this forum up so that it hosts the pictures without any linking easier than trying to use PB so that's how i've been doing it. And I pretty much only post here so no need to cross link.

For all the pics I have, $10 was the outter realm of acceptable for me.  I never knew that about this site, you guys know me...I post pics of EVERYTHING i can in build threads...mainly so I have something to look back on when Im bored or looking to see where Ive been lol.  If it wont hurt anything I may start doing the same!

Matt

$40 a month is crazy.

for my video hosting I pay $60 a year for 250gb. each year adds 250gb to the existing storage.

2 hours ago, Ashley P said:

Pics?  Hosting?  

*mental note:  google that stuff later....

check out http://www.amishsoulsnatcher.net  That should have pretty pertinent info for you about online picture hosting and storage.

mstrpth, Ashley P and 66sprint6 like this

4 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

Yeah I post to multiple forums for multiple hobbies so I just put it all on Photobucket to be able to post from one central place.  It was all good till this recent BS.  I even went on a paid for the mid grade upgrade figuring that I have SO MANY pictures on there, might as well chip in and pay but then I noticed that only the damned $40/mo plan allows you to post them on other forums.  Now I have to figure out how to get them off of there and put them somewhere else and go about rebuilding my threads if I even can do so.

Matt

Rebuilding threads with pics suuuuucks! :yes:

But on here, with the wysiwyg type editor, you can just copy and paste.

An example is, I copied and pasted all this from HPT forum (click to see quote):

Sure does take the work out of it! :D