Mike

Performance Auto Fabrication Fabrication Pictures

Rate this topic:

70 posts in this topic

Another buick intake I did a couple months ago.

s2intake2_zpsef3877fd.jpg

Some fuel rails for a stock buick gn intake I did last weekend

20140629_141421_zps891dae81.jpg

A catch can I made for my car

CIMG1679_zps30b97062.jpg

A couple of my favorites. Where can you buy a v6 crank trigger or a v6 belt drive distributor for a belt driven cam setup.

null_zpse4b69713.jpg

null_zps963af845.jpg

The rearend under my car

rearend_zps773ad1f6.jpg

A sheetmetal intake I did for an australian ford straight 6 for Nick (nukeworker)

IMG_0357.jpg

Motorplates and an alternator mount I did for Dan (nxcobra from tennesspeed)

CIMG0807.jpg

My square to round fan shroud.

CIMG1403_zps06b8aef3.jpg

How do you do this stuff Mike? I've been look threw the thread again and it makes me realize I need to make things like this. I can't weld so all those intakes are out of the question

Nxcobra still has his car? I bought the rear he had in it. I think you made the plates for the rear so you can install dual calipers

How do you do this stuff Mike? I've been look threw the thread again and it makes me realize I need to make things like this. I can't weld so all those intakes are out of the question

Lots of planning, cad and practice. You can probably do more than you realize.

Nxcobra still has his car? I bought the rear he had in it. I think you made the plates for the rear so you can install dual calipers

He sold it all. He might still have the motor, but he's trying to sell it also.

I just machined those plate for his c-clip eliminators.

Lots of planning, cad and practice. You can probably do more than you realize.

I haven't done anything with cad yet. Just master cam and doing g codes

He sold it all. He might still have the motor, but he's trying to sell it also.

I just machined those plate for his c-clip eliminators.

What motor is he selling and how much? Link?

I was completely don't with it but my instructor told me to cut a little more of the middle out to get rid of some burrs. I did a g13 (Haas) and was doing a circle (78mm) but forgot to add cutter comp (or take in consideration of the 1/2 end mill) and ruined the part :(post-225-14376087396572_thumb.jpg

I was completely don't with it but my instructor told me to cut a little more of the middle out to get rid of some burrs. I did a g13 (Haas) and was doing a circle (78mm) but forgot to add cutter comp (or take in consideration of the 1/2 end mill) and ruined the part :(attachicon.gifIMG_20150722_111344697.jpg

Not really ruined, just not perfect.  You'll never make a perfect part.  Everything always has that little something, that if you dig deep enough or measure fine enough you'll find it.  It just has character now and you need to make up a good story about why it's there.  "Adds turbulence to the incoming air" or something.

mstrpth and Cody like this

I stopped it before if finished cutting all of it out lol it got rid of almost all the taper. Oh well. I am almost done with another. Should be done by lunch tomorrow. I'd post pics but the WiFi at school sucks and won't load taptalk

C6 corvette cold air fab.  It had a vararam on before and that required a big hole in the plastic air dam.  I sealed that up with sheetmetal.  Now I have to figure out where to put the catch can.  This thing is 10lbs. in a 5lb. bag.

He found this Haltech filter that fits perfectly and is huge.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

66sprint6, 1bad6t6, Cody and 3 others like this

Mike is now pro demoted to head carpenter at the Ashley P compound. 

Hey, that pic reminds me of using my truck as a sawhorse whilst cutting a bunch of lumber at night.  I saw a spark and figured I'd touched the bedside.  Yup, cut about 2" into it!   Beater truck FTW.

Disney likes this