Nostalgic1

2013 Boss 302 or 2016 Mustang GT PP

20 posts in this topic

Hypothetically, if you had the opportunity to acquire a 2013 Boss 302 with 9k miles or a 2016 Mustang GT w/PP for the same price, which would you go with and why?

The Boss is faster than the 16GT stock v/s stock in the 1/4. But you've had one. I say get the new GT with PP unless you plan on keeping the Boss for life as a collector car.

If the 16GT isn't enough, boost it! :hyper: 

keiths2kgt likes this

Boss. I'd rather have a car that isn't a run of the mill GT like the other 800 million mustangs out there. Even if you unload it quick I doubt a car like that will take much of a loss. 

higherpowerracing likes this

Just now, slim_9916 said:

Boss. I'd rather have a car that isn't a run of the mill GT like the other 800 million mustangs out there. Even if you unload it quick I doubt a car like that will take much of a loss. 

true!

3 hours ago, slim_9916 said:

I agree to a point.  Anybody buying a car built in high volumes is not going to get an "exclusive" feel.  However, part of the joy of owning a car like a Mustang, Camaro, Challenger, etc. is making it you own.  That could be visually or under the hood.  

slim_9916, mstrpth, JohnC and 1 other like this

11 hours ago, JohnC said:

The Boss is faster than the 16GT stock v/s stock in the 1/4. But you've had one. I say get the new GT with PP unless you plan on keeping the Boss for life as a collector car.

If the 16GT isn't enough, boost it! :hyper: 

I totally agree with this.

5 hours ago, Nostalgic1 said:

I agree to a point.  Anybody buying a car built in high volumes is not going to get an "exclusive" feel.  However, part of the joy of owning a car like a Mustang, Camaro, Challenger, etc. is making it you own.  That could be visually or under the hood.  

Sounds like you are close to a choice.

I had no idea the boss had a forged bottom end so if boost is in the plans, that would definitely help sway me.

Not sure if some of you have sat inside the new GT's but the interior in them is much nicer than the last generation. The IRS keeps the rear planted from everything I've seen and heard on the net. Everything about them is much better. So really, the GT has got plenty going on and it if isn't enough, there is a huge after-market to help turn it up.

Example: 668 Rear Wheel Horsepower and 558 Rear Wheel Torque on 10.6lbs of boost with 93 Octane Fuel on a Manual 2015 Mustang 

6 hours ago, keiths2kgt said:

I guess I am.  So, how are you liking yours?  I was seriously looking at getting a GT350R, but I can't bring myself to spend $66K on a car that would rarely see the venue it was built for; the track. That's how I felt about the Boss, too, so it makes it hard to pick up another Boss when I can get a 6th Gen with x-plan and Ford incentives for less money out the door that a car three model-years old.

JohnC likes this

I guess I am.  So, how are you liking yours?  I was seriously looking at getting a GT350R, but I can't bring myself to spend $66K on a car that would rarely see the venue it was built for; the track. That's how I felt about the Boss, too, so it makes it hard to pick up another Boss when I can get a 6th Gen with x-plan and Ford incentives for less money out the door that a car three model-years old.

Do it and I'll boost it for you! Lol I love the new mustangs. I want to buy one for my wife.

Sent from wiring harness hell

JohnC likes this

On December 12, 2015 at 7:57 PM, Nostalgic1 said:

I'm really enjoying mine. I like everything about it...the performance, exterior and interior, the technology. It feels like a hotrod luxury car! The cabin is really quite and the ride is smooth. The electronic steering is very responsive...just like those brembo brakes haha! So glad I got the performance package. I like the independent rear suspension but there is wheel hop when you get gnarly thru the gears...mostly just on that 1-2 shift. I got 373s and that may contribute more to that. I've read that guys with 355s complain less but I'm not for sure on that. I do know this...I love how this motor pulls in 2-3-4 all the way to 6800 rpms. I haven't had enough road to wot in 5...which is 1:1 in this transmission. That built in shift light is pimp!! The whole tach gauge goes red.

I would love to put a whipple on this b1tch!!  :3gears:

JohnC likes this

6 hours ago, keiths2kgt said:

I'm really enjoying mine. I like everything about it...the performance, exterior and interior, the technology. It feels like a hotrod luxury car! The cabin is really quite and the ride is smooth. The electronic steering is very responsive...just like those brembo brakes haha! So glad I got the performance package. I like the independent rear suspension but there is wheel hop when you get gnarly thru the gears...mostly just on that 1-2 shift. I got 373s and that may contribute more to that. I've read that guys with 355s complain less but I'm not for sure on that. I do know this...I love how this motor pulls in 2-3-4 all the way to 6800 rpms. I haven't had enough road to wot in 5...which is 1:1 in this transmission. That built in shift light is pimp!! The whole tach gauge goes red.

I would love to put a whipple on this b1tch!!  :3gears:

Yes! Whipple that thing!!!! :hyper: 

keiths2kgt likes this

12 hours ago, JohnC said:

Yes! Whipple that thing!!!! :hyper: 

I might go with some type of fi once it's paid off. I also want to mention I was really impressed with the way ford made the stock exhaust. You could tell they engineered it in a way to make it very simple and easy to add an after market catback. I think my daughter could have installed it lol 

mstrpth and JohnC like this