Chad

Random thought thread

18,972 posts in this topic

Yesterday, I wake up to my well being froze up.  This morning, I wake up to no heat.  Fortunately, the house is tight.  I'm maintaining 62 degrees with a -2 degree outside air temp.  Looks like I'll be outside thawing a drain line.

Do you know a good HVAC guy?   :duck:

This cold has shown me the limits of Mom's house.  Definitely needs a tune up on several things.

6 hours ago, Ashley P said:

Do you know a good HVAC guy?   :duck:

This cold has shown me the limits of Mom's house.  Definitely needs a tune up on several things.

I called Gibson Race, Recovery, Repair, Refrigeration, and Plumbing.  After setting through 3 1/2 hours of online sales meetings, he quickly braved the heavy traffic from the living room to the garage.  He didn't even charge for going to the shop to get supplies. :D

I don't know why, but I have always wanted to do a snow picture.  I am too chicken to drive it to my normal photography (I use that term very loosely) spot.  I also should have taken them before I ran the RC desert truck.IMG_4067.JPGIMG_4069.JPGIMG_4065.JPG

66sprint6, JohnC, Disney and 3 others like this

Just leave the car where it's sitting.

Ashley, have you noticed an abundance of kamikaze blackbirds, yesterday and today?  I have 5 laying dead in front of my garage door.  I came upon a gang of them, in the road, and they just looked at me like they wanted to commit suicide.  I remember plagues of locusts, but I don't remember Scripture mentioning blackbirds.

JohnC likes this

They've had almost zero water or food for days so they're drinking the melt on the road.  When one gets hit, the rest turn cannibal.  They cycle grows.  It's ugly.  But they're pests, so nail 'em.

Our water coupled heat pump normally dumps water into the pond, but since I wanted consistent ice thickness I diverted it into the field and put an elbow turning the water up 6" off the ground to make noise.  Tons of birds drink there and down streams.  The boys have been picking off Starlings and Grackles there.   Before I could eat my breakfast a boy saw the hungry cat, loaded his BB gun, and had a dead Starling to the cat in total of about 1 minute.

Edited by Ashley P
Disney likes this

I just spent most of the day replacing snow plow blades on salt trucks.  Brown salty water dripping onto your face while impact wrenching nuts off a snow plow isn't fun.  Those guys in the garage are worn out, so we were asked to help out.  I am going back tomorrow if I can get there.  I hate snow.

JohnC, Ashley P, Tino and 1 other like this

I heard a local plow hit a manhole cover and tore about 3' of blade off.  He got on the interstate to get back to the shop and the driveshaft flew out tearing out a wiring harness.  It sounded really un fun.

JohnC likes this

On 8/11/2017 at 8:55 PM, Ashley P said:

I wonder how many folks have ever played some Pink Floyd when watching a "Mandelbrot zoom"?

On 1/17/2017 at 10:13 AM, Ashley P said:

Tractor tires are TERRIBLE in snow.  I think it's because the tread is designed to cut down to better ground, but if all you have is more snow....no go.  My tractor with dual rear wheels (which are worn down, BTW) would barely move itself up a grade in 1 foot of snow.  It went better in reverse where the tires are pulling material inward.

Disney likes this

4 hours ago, gammey4 said:

Mustang number 16 I bought a few months back. 3586eab1bcf1c9d20edf6f214ae69e33.jpg

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Man, that's a super clean and nice looking LX 5.0!

What's your plans for it? 

Man, that's a super clean and nice looking LX 5.0!

What's your plans for it? 

I dont really have any other than fixing the "normal" foxbody issues. It's pretty much all stock other than flowmasters and a shifter.

66sprint6 and JohnC like this

8 hours ago, gammey4 said:

I dont really have any other than fixing the "normal" foxbody issues. It's pretty much all stock other than flowmasters and a shifter.

When I bought my Camaro, I told myself I was just going to leave it stock and drive it. :lol: 

It won't be long until you get bored with it and want to do some modding. :love: 

Disney likes this

Why am I finding myself wanting a Fox body Mustnag?  I want a nice notch LX or a white Summer Edition.

Here's a good video on the Fox body Mustang.  

Deep thoughts for Tuesday:

Groundhog day is a goofy novelty, but in hindsight those MANY flocks of Snow Geese headed south a week and a half ago were telling me something.   They were probably telling me the opposite of what the northbound Snow Geese are telling me today.

A guy named Tim Elliott hauls cars.  At least a year and a half ago he did.  He was hauling two brand new Ford trucks to Mississippi when he lost a U joint at my house.  He had a good trailer and the trucks were secured well.  The U-joint came out because the yoke was damaged, he said it had just be replaced in Nashville.   He was based in Morton's Gap or somewhere sorta local to your needs.

https://www.uship.com/service-provider/579288186-elliotts-hauling-llc

Edited by Ashley P