Chad

Random thought thread

18,843 posts in this topic

^ When the "funk" turns into mold you've got the best layer possible.  (I saw a 70s corvette with that layer and a roots blower street race in Memphis once.  It won.)

"To try and end drag racing, Styles is pushing to have license plate scanners installed on some of Nashville’s public roads."

As of now, scanners are not allowed to operate on public right of ways, but Styles is asking councilmembers to reconsider this law.

https://www.wkrn.com/news/crime-tracker/metro-police-arrest-driver-for-drag-racing-on-i-24-west/

125570727_3542897199094486_8880157849663

125205577_3542897329094473_1750864103248

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

Engine break-in 

Nice vid.  He seemed to minimize the difference in ring end gap.  That's probably 90% of a "break in".   A while ago I gleaned some info from a seasoned mechanic about moly rings in a diesel.  They sometimes will NOT seat.  The guy had to call CAT to ask them how to get them to seat.   With engine warm and running fast idle, pour a couple teaspoons of Bon Ami down the intake. He said it worked.

Edited by Ashley P

@gammey4 would a 75 wet shot of nitrous be ok on a 5.3 with no tune?

Stock truck tune? If yes, other than poor fuel distribution, I say yes.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Tino likes this

Yeah all stock. 

I bought a cheap silverado about 2 months ago and I just want to see how fast I can get down the 1/8 mile before I sell it

Here it is. Plan is to run it stock and see what it runs, than do very cheap mods. Like headers, cold air intake, nitrous and a cam. Oh And a tune if you don't mind tunning it.

If you have any parts for sale let me know.

20201116_201725.jpg

Edited by Tino
66sprint6 likes this

Yeah all stock. 

I bought a cheap silverado about 2 months ago and I just want to see how fast I can get down the 1/8 mile before I sell it

How much? I know a guy looking for one.

Tino likes this

My buddy has it on Facebook for me for 3k, I'll let it go for 2k .

Truck is in ruff shape but for a project Truck it would be a great Truck 

19 hours ago, JohnC said:

"To try and end drag racing, Styles is pushing to have license plate scanners installed on some of Nashville’s public roads."

As of now, scanners are not allowed to operate on public right of ways, but Styles is asking councilmembers to reconsider this law.

https://www.wkrn.com/news/crime-tracker/metro-police-arrest-driver-for-drag-racing-on-i-24-west/

125570727_3542897199094486_8880157849663

125205577_3542897329094473_1750864103248

In Sarasota FL they used to do a deal where the first time getting caught street racing you would receive a "ticket" which was a free pass to Bradenton Speedway (best 1/4 mile around) for their Street Drag nights and the cops would show up with everything from regular squad cars to drag cars and you could "Race the Cops".  Second offense they would crush your car.  I remember seeing it on the news down there, they crushed a handful of cars during the segment.  

Matt

JohnC likes this

My buddy has it on Facebook for me for 3k, I'll let it go for 2k .

Truck is in ruff shape but for a project Truck it would be a great Truck 

I'd like to see it

12 minutes ago, gammey4 said:

I'd like to see it

Sure, when would you like to see it?

It's sitting at the shop where I work, I can meet you there one day and show it to you

JohnC likes this

Sure, when would you like to see it?

It's sitting at the shop where I work, I can meet you there one day and show it to you

I'm back on days and get off work at 3:15. Thursday or Friday work for you?

JohnC and Tino like this

If you Nashvillites are near the interstate roads tonight about 6:30, be on the lookout for a blue chevy pulling a trailer full of bronze George Washington on horseback statue.  He's headed for Atlanta.  It's an eyecatcher.    DIsney will give you a free turbo install for a pic.

Disney likes this

I have decided to dump social media.  I haven't been on Facebook in 4 days.  I'm just tired of the censorship and the rude comments from people who don't like it when people disagree with them.  I was only there to keep up with a few people, the comedy (both the intended and unintended), the Oldsmobile pictures, and the Mopar pictures.  I really haven't missed it.  I tried Parler, but it reminds me of a Twitter/Instagram hybrid and I like neither of those.  I also quit watching television news around the time C-19 garbage started up in February.  Those guys can't get the weather right, so why watch it?  I'm much less stressed out.

I'm still a Youtube junkie.  I probably need to curb that too.

JohnC, Tino and Disney like this

11 hours ago, Kevin said:

I have decided to dump social media.  I haven't been on Facebook in 4 days.  I'm just tired of the censorship and the rude comments from people who don't like it when people disagree with them.  I was only there to keep up with a few people, the comedy (both the intended and unintended), the Oldsmobile pictures, and the Mopar pictures.  I really haven't missed it.  I tried Parler, but it reminds me of a Twitter/Instagram hybrid and I like neither of those.  I also quit watching television news around the time C-19 garbage started up in February.  Those guys can't get the weather right, so why watch it?  I'm much less stressed out.

I dumped facebook about 13 years ago and haven't looked back. we also dumped tv about 3 years ago and haven't missed it a bit. only thing we consume is movies and youtube.

We dropped satellite tv in 2010.  The price was going up and the quality was going down.  I wasn't even watching it except for some college basketball.  I don't really miss the sports.  I have an antenna, but rarely watch over the air tv.  We have Netflix and that is thin with quality shows.  I need to figure out how to watch older movies.  I'm not up on movie streaming services.  Every once in a while, we will buy a complete tv series on DVD.  I bet my children are the only people under age 30 who know who Bob Newhart is.

Ashley P and Disney like this

18 hours ago, Kevin said:

6 hours ago, Kevin said:

We dropped satellite tv in 2010.  The price was going up and the quality was going down.  I wasn't even watching it except for some college basketball.  I don't really miss the sports.  I have an antenna, but rarely watch over the air tv.  We have Netflix and that is thin with quality shows.  I need to figure out how to watch older movies.  I'm not up on movie streaming services.  Every once in a while, we will buy a complete tv series on DVD.  I bet my children are the only people under age 30 who know who Bob Newhart is.

7 hours ago, mstrpth said:

I dumped facebook about 13 years ago and haven't looked back. we also dumped tv about 3 years ago and haven't missed it a bit. only thing we consume is movies and youtube.

I dumped TV years ago.

It has become nothing but propaganda and the news is just a dishonest echo-chamber or regurgitated mass media news with no real investigative reporting.

I'm absolutely done with Facebook and in process of dumping it.

I'm just hoping I can get friends and family to go over to Parler or MeWe before I close out my account.

MeWe: https://mewe.com/i/christopherc

Parler: https://parler.com/profile/Nx330mustang/posts 

Hey, maybe the forums will pick back up like the old days. 

Be cool to see everyone on here again like the old days before Facebook.

6 hours ago, Kevin said:

I bet my children are the only people under age 30 who know who Bob Newhart is.

I've gotta kid that thinks he's Roy Rogers.  :yes:

JohnC likes this