Chad

Random thought thread

18,843 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, ls1adam84 said:

I am definitely ok with going that fast.

@JohnC you getting the moto bug huh?

Yeah, got back in to the motorcycle thing. :yes: 

Feels much more fun having something fast that I don't have to constantly fix for BIG $$$. :meh: 

Next will be some dirtbikes so me and the wife can do some off roading. :hyper: 

To be real, I almost bought the dirtbikes first. Then I considered an Africa Twin so I could ride on and off road with the wife. But when I seen the deal on that CBR1000RR, I couldn't pass it up.

Africa twin is a cool bike: https://powersports.honda.com/street/adventure/africa-twin

2020 Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports ES | Top Speed

Oh, and I was approved through Honda Financing for the CBR1000RR R Fireblade SP, but I just couldn't see myself on a $30k bike.

Add the fact that I started out looking at dirbikes, then the Africa Twin....

My brain just wouldn't allow me to make a leap like that. :lol: 

5 hours ago, Tino said:

I sold the mustang. 

Now I'm looking for a cheap car to drive (whenever I have free time :D) and a v6/roller mustang 

What's the plans for the roller? 

8 hours ago, Tino said:

I have a 6.0 with 243 heads just sitting on my engine stand. It'll get a cam and some nitrous. 

That would fit on a...scooter.  Got one?  :dirty:

Tino likes this

Guys, I might have to get pics of what I saw today just to show ya.  It's all rusty and nearly junk, but it's all old and untouched for decades.   About 10 different 2 door hardtop tri-five chevy cars, about as many 50s Chevy pickups, about as many 50s ton/1.5/2 ton trucks, a 50s REO box truck (very complete), a 60 ish deuce with rockwells, 40s deuce with driveline, a steam engine looking compressor that must weigh several tons (the flywheel shaft is about 10" in diameter, flywheel about 6' diameter).  I won't even mention the tractor/backhoe/loader/accessories/dumptrucks layin' around.

The tri-five cars are very picked over and rusty/damaged, but the old trucks are in fairly solid shape.   The REO wants to come to my house (to rot away in a loving home)

Junk yards with old stuff are long gone (around here).  This place is like walking into a junk yard in 1980 or so.

66sprint6, mstrpth, Raceall and 3 others like this

8 hours ago, Ashley P said:

Guys, I might have to get pics of what I saw today just to show ya.  It's all rusty and nearly junk, but it's all old and untouched for decades.   About 10 different 2 door hardtop tri-five chevy cars, about as many 50s Chevy pickups, about as many 50s ton/1.5/2 ton trucks, a 50s REO box truck (very complete), a 60 ish deuce with rockwells, 40s deuce with driveline, a steam engine looking compressor that must weigh several tons (the flywheel shaft is about 10" in diameter, flywheel about 6' diameter).  I won't even mention the tractor/backhoe/loader/accessories/dumptrucks layin' around.

The tri-five cars are very picked over and rusty/damaged, but the old trucks are in fairly solid shape.   The REO wants to come to my house (to rot away in a loving home)

Junk yards with old stuff are long gone (around here).  This place is like walking into a junk yard in 1980 or so.

Pics or fake news! :shiftyeyes: 

What's up guys? Been awhile. I've seen some mentions about ceramic coating and am currently looking for a decent shop for the wife's new car. Anybody have a shop they've used for ceramic coatings?

JohnC likes this

On 11/10/2020 at 10:12 AM, slim_9916 said:

What's up guys? Been awhile. I've seen some mentions about ceramic coating and am currently looking for a decent shop for the wife's new car. Anybody have a shop they've used for ceramic coatings?

If anybody is looking at ceramic coating this guy looks legit. Came highly recommended from the Tesla community and his work looks good. We're going to have him ceramic coat the wife's new Model Y.    https://www.facebook.com/MarlinsAutoDetailing 

JohnC and Disney like this

On 11/13/2020 at 0:21 AM, Disney said:

Ceramic coating run about 1k?

Depends on the package but yes around 1k. Some of his lower packages were 8-900 and top out at 1500-2k. Also depends on how much paint correction he has to do. We got the ceramic pro gold package which is "4 layers of ceramic pro 9h followed with one layer of ceramic pro light. Exterior windows treated with ceramic pro rain and rim faces coated with ceramic pro wheel and caliper" for 1500. Said it would take about 3 days.  

JohnC and Disney like this