Chad

Random thought thread

18,780 posts in this topic

I got the dents popped out.  Taylor's Colors over in Eagleville did it this morning.  I dropped it off at 8:00 and they sent me a message at 10:29 to come get it.  You can't tell the ding was ever there.  The one on the lower part of the door has a clear coat scratch, but the dent is completely gone.

JohnC likes this

I had a shop, with an excellent reputation, quote me $1000 for ceramic coating my T/A. He said that includes any paint correction and buffing. The body, trim, and wheels would be coated. It comes with a 4 year warranty. Is that a good price?

2 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I had a shop, with an excellent reputation, quote me $1000 for ceramic coating my T/A. He said that includes any paint correction and buffing. The body, trim, and wheels would be coated. It comes with a 4 year warranty. Is that a good price?

I don't know what is a good price, but I severely regret not going ahead and ceramic coating my Camaro SS.

It's got way more scratches than I like and ceramic would have saved me from most of the damage. 

Don't hesitate. :no:

Coat it or do that protective clear wrap stuff. :yes: 

6 hours ago, Kevin said:

Yeah, that's about the going rate. Make sure they have a product you can apply that will "refresh" the product they are using. 

I've fallen out of love for bikes because of all the crazy drivers on the road today, animals running out in the road, debris falling off trucks (no bs, seen a loop handle dolly in the road on I40 coming off Briely Parkway on day), etc.

But this mofo makes me want to start riding again.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/en/motorcycles/fat-boy.html

Harley Davidson Fat Boy 30th Anniversary Model

ls1adam84 likes this

^ As a Pontiac guy I can also point out that  ultra rare original red overspray on cowl screen.  That's a $30k car.

Tino likes this

I am not the biggest Nissan fan around, but I am loving this new 400Z.  I can only think of a couple things I'd change about it, but all in all, I hope they don't change much before production.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a34016940/nissan-z-proto-revealed/?fbclid=IwAR1PkT0T5bx9SSnOldZmOjKas5WpWpHM0SQQ89VPhUH0GuFKqrQ2lkTOHlg

ls1adam84, 66sprint6 and Disney like this

15 hours ago, Kevin said:

I am not the biggest Nissan fan around, but I am loving this new 400Z.  I can only think of a couple things I'd change about it, but all in all, I hope they don't change much before production.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a34016940/nissan-z-proto-revealed/?fbclid=IwAR1PkT0T5bx9SSnOldZmOjKas5WpWpHM0SQQ89VPhUH0GuFKqrQ2lkTOHlg

i'm not a fan of the front of it.

For the record, I've never seen anyone drive slower than Mike does when he's in this car. You hear it idle and wait to hear the take off and.....just an old man in a Cadillac puttin along :D 

Tino, ls1adam84 and JohnC like this

8 hours ago, mstrpth said:

For the record, I've never seen anyone drive slower than Mike does when he's in this car. You hear it idle and wait to hear the take off and.....just an old man in a Cadillac puttin along :D 

I'm the complete opposite. :lol: 

You'd think i'm nuts if you seen me drive on my daily grind. 

At 5am, 25 minutes for me to go from nearly the end of Cockril Bend out by John C Tune to Old Hickory.... in the Tundra (it's speed limited to / shuts off at 109 mph). :rofl: 

Camaro SS has seen quicker times. :fear::panic: 

ls1adam84 likes this

Science experiment :  Mike and John C swap cars.   We'll see if the Caddy remains reliable or if it fails when driven hard:D   (And also if the Camaro can get more than 1 week under it's belt without seeing jack stands.)

Who's in?  

*crickets from Mike* 

4 hours ago, Ashley P said:

Science experiment :  Mike and John C swap cars.   We'll see if the Caddy remains reliable or if it fails when driven hard:D   (And also if the Camaro can get more than 1 week under it's belt without seeing jack stands.)

Who's in?  

*crickets from Mike* 

My dream job would be some type of performance automotive reliability engineer.

I could see myself in new Shelby's, Raptors, Corvettes, Camaro's, Challenger's, Dodge TRX, etc., running them on the edge in every way! :hyper: 

66sprint6 and ls1adam84 like this

23 minutes ago, JohnC said:

My dream job would be some type of performance automotive reliability engineer.

If by "reliability engineer" you mean driving them until they break, you'd be good at it. 

JohnC, 66sprint6 and Disney like this