Chad

Random thought thread

18,753 posts in this topic

Just now, Cannon Fodder said:

CDC has put out the warning that if you are breathing, have a pulse and use the internet you could have the woohan.....

Right. Don't wanna ticket for socializing without a mask on. :shake: 

In for the defiance factor. 

I'm waiting for some track results. And/or baby/wife updates.   How are things with the little one and Mrs.?

Its all a buncha stupidity if ya ask me, Flu is the flu and we have a vaccine for it yet its still here, but this dumb ass thing now people are afraid of smh

JohnC likes this

What makes a clutch do that?

This is the 2nd time it's done it. The 1st time the previous owner installed the clutch. 

I installed the clutch the 2nd time and it did exactly what the 1st clutch did.

And I was beating the hell out of it when it let go both times

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, Tino said:

This is the 2nd time it's done it. The 1st time the previous owner installed the clutch. 

I'll guess it was a cheap clutch.  I went through 3 autozone clutches before I bought a Ram. With the ram I went through 2 sets of tires, a pinion tooth, and a few sets of spider gears.  The car is totaled, but I've still got the Ram clutch.

One almost impossible thing:  If the trans was not located correctly, the input could be running at an angle causing the disc to flex.  I've seen that tear up the center of the disc, but maybe it could also break the lining.  Make sure the bellhousing fits true to the block.

Edited by Ashley P
mstrpth and Tino like this

junk clutch with weak ass metal, its been quite awhile but Id had three Zoom Clutches do that back to back during normal driving, after those three failed I called Tennessee Clutch and Supply and had a set made for the car with a better friction coefficient over a normal stock clutch.

Tino likes this

On 8/17/2020 at 7:25 PM, Tino said:

Hey got to TN Clutch and let them build you a clutch.  Itll be cheaper than a cheapo clutch and hold up as well if not better than most expensive clutches!

Matt

Tino likes this

Here's a random thought:  I was telling an old Murfreesboro street racing story the other day.  It happened one night in the late 1990s over at "Pope's".  A guy named German rolled in with his guys and the "Tree-fortty sehvin , no nitriss" Fox Body (Cobra) talking about a big race that was going to go down.  You always knew two things about German.  1.  He always ran nitrous oxide and 2.  he always lied about it.  A little later, this guy pulls in in a black 1st gen. Lightning followed by a burgundy Mark VII and some other car, all with Dickson County tags.  They all got out and the guy and a girl (driving Mark VII) walked up to the crowd while 4 guys, armed with a 4 way and a floor jack, got out of the car and started swapping slicks onto the Lightning.  Guys swapping slicks onto a truck had my attention, so I walked over to take a look at the truck.  The tonneau cover was popped open a little and I saw two giant nitrous bottles.  One guy saw me and motioned for me to be quiet about it.  Finally, the owner came back over and fired it up.  He let it warm up and started revving it.  I was listening to him talk about how Roush built it and other stuff.  He revved it up to 6 grand, held it for a half second and stabbed the throttle.  As the shift light lit up, the tach needle showed nearly 8 grand.  The truck sounded evil for sure.  I have no reason to believe he was lying about Roush building it.  He popped the hood and other than an extra wire loom and maybe bigger fuel line, it looked like a bone stock Lightning 351.  We all went out to 840 to see this race.  It was no contest.  The Lightning put a complete butt kicking on the Fox.  I don't think I have seen either vehicle since.  Am I the only on who remembers that?

Disney, 66sprint6 and JohnC like this

4 minutes ago, Kevin said:

Here's a random thought:  I was telling an old Murfreesboro street racing story the other day.  It happened one night in the late 1990s over at "Pope's".  A guy named German rolled in with his guys and the "Tree-fortty sehvin , no nitriss" Fox Body (Cobra) talking about a big race that was going to go down.  You always knew two things about German.  1.  He always ran nitrous oxide and 2.  he always lied about it.  A little later, this guy pulls in in a black 1st gen. Lightning followed by a burgundy Mark VII and some other car, all with Dickson County tags.  They all got out and the guy and a girl (driving Mark VII) walked up to the crowd while 4 guys, armed with a 4 way and a floor jack, got out of the car and started swapping slicks onto the Lightning.  Guys swapping slicks onto a truck had my attention, so I walked over to take a look at the truck.  The tonneau cover was popped open a little and I saw two giant nitrous bottles.  One guy saw me and motioned for me to be quiet about it.  Finally, the owner came back over and fired it up.  He let it warm up and started revving it.  I was listening to him talk about how Roush built it and other stuff.  He revved it up to 6 grand, held it for a half second and stabbed the throttle.  As the shift light lit up, the tach needle showed nearly 8 grand.  The truck sounded evil for sure.  I have no reason to believe he was lying about Roush building it.  He popped the hood and other than an extra wire loom and maybe bigger fuel line, it looked like a bone stock Lightning 351.  We all went out to 840 to see this race.  It was no contest.  The Lightning put a complete butt kicking on the Fox.  I don't think I have seen either vehicle since.  Am I the only on who remembers that?

late 1990s - 840?

Posted (edited)

Yes.  It was opened from I-40 near Lebanon to Murfreesboro/Nashville Highway (70S/41A) around  fall of 1996.  We also went out there street racing before it was open.

Edited by Kevin
JohnC likes this

5 hours ago, Disney said:

I remember that. 

Did you see that we've been getting together at Pope's again? Next meet is Aug 29th I think....

I was hoping someone would remember that.

I may run over there since dad's birthday is the 27th.

Sarah bumped my Challenger’s door into the open door of Leah’s Caravan. Yes, I was very upset. The other picture (my finger pointing at the dent) shows what the dent looks like this morning after sitting in the garage overnight. You can see the light reflection is still a little distorted, but you might not notice it until I told you about it. It takes light and running your finger over it to find it now. Maybe a day sitting under the sun will do the rest. I am amazed.

Challenger Ding.jpg

Challenger Ding2.jpg

Posted (edited)

I have an appointment with a PDR guy Monday morning for this ding and the dent on the lower part of the same door.  The tire must have thrown something up against the door.

Edited by Kevin

I hate that happened to your Challenger, Kevin! :(

Trust me, I feel your pain!

Just look at what FedEx and Safelite did to my Camaro!

Ive almost all but given up on trying to keep it nice. :smirk: