Chad

Random thought thread

18,777 posts in this topic

Safelite called me up yesterday and claimed my power window actuator was out after telling me they tried to get the window to go down by pushing down on it. Even said he and a couple other guys in the shop tried to get it to go down by pushing down on it. 

Now they want another $381 to replace the part and labor, or I could order the part and fix it myself, but they couldn't put the glass in until the part is replaced.  :shake:

It worked fine just the day before the heat broke the glass.

Sooooooooo tired of **** like this. :livid: 

"Safelite can't repair, Safelite can't replace"

Guessing they screwed up and broke the motor or regulator?

Safelite called me up yesterday and claimed my power window actuator was out after telling me they tried to get the window to go down by pushing down on it. Even said he and a couple other guys in the shop tried to get it to go down by pushing down on it. 

Now they want another $381 to replace the part and labor, or I could order the part and fix it myself, but they couldn't put the glass in until the part is replaced.  :shake:

It worked fine just the day before the heat broke the glass.

Sooooooooo tired of **** like this. :livid: 

The window regulator is cable so they can't just push it down. I'd guess if a couple guys were pushing on it they probably broke it.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

JohnC likes this

The way I look at it, and even if round one is on me, they broke it they got to fix it.

This way, I get a warranty on the part and work.

So if I get down the road and have issues, they got to fix it or else I’ll take it to the dealership and send them the bill via small claims court. 

Have you noticed that Yahoo "news articles" are getting LOTS of conservative comments?   Funny how the comment sections are shut down now.  Yahoo says: “Our goal is to create a safe and engaging place for users to connect over interests and passions. In order to improve our community experience, we are temporarily suspending article commenting.”

I think the snowflakes got their feelings hurt and don't want people to realize that HUGE numbers of people have figured out the lies of the left.

Tino and JohnC like this

On 7/16/2020 at 4:12 PM, Kevin said:

All three (four) American trucks are super nice and ride so good.  I just can't believe the sticker price on trucks.  I looked at Rams last year and about fell over when I looked at the sticker of the one I would like.  I have a stripped down 2019 Silverado sitting in my driveway that the state of Tennessee paid just under $30k for.  It stickered for just over $42k.  I guess I'll keep driving my 22 year old truck.

I guess I will have to see a new Bronco in person.  I loved some of the concept drawings.  I was really let down when I saw the real deal.  After a day or two, I'm liking it a little better.  It has some great features including the 7 speed manual man's transmission.  I think they could have done better with the nose.  At least they didn't pull a Chevy Blazer with it.  I may love it when I see one for real.

State got it on Govt contract though, something us non govt folks can get

btw @66sprint6 you just have no luck with cars and tow trucks do ya lol

@JohnC Congrats on the little one and the family hauler

JohnC likes this

Have you TN people noticed any more dragonflies than normal?    I've seen groups of thousands in three different places.  I've never before noticed more than a few dozen of them together.

Tino likes this

On 7/25/2020 at 4:31 PM, KNIGHT347 said:

State got it on Govt contract though, something us non govt folks can get

btw @66sprint6 you just have no luck with cars and tow trucks do ya lol

@JohnC Congrats on the little one and the family hauler

Im not playin hard enough if my sh@t isnt getting towed home from time to time :lol:

Last two times were a little spensive tho grrrrr.

Matt

Ashley P and JohnC like this

4 hours ago, Ashley P said:

Have you TN people noticed any more dragonflies than normal?    I've seen groups of thousands in three different places.  I've never before noticed more than a few dozen of them together.

not at all

Make that 4 places.  Today I saw them in the field across from work.  The other night they were THICK in the back yard, and dozens of barn swallows got after them.  Barn swallows are agile, but dragonflies are next level quick.  They were battling for about 30 minutes.

Tino, the next time I see thousands of dragonflies you'll have to bring your gangsta hombres w/their AKs (that's Mexanish for "highpoint" :D  ) to shoot those varmints outta the sky.

We have a BUNCH at the end of our driveway, towards the road.  Apparently, they like those soybeans more than the ones closer to the house.  Last couple of years, I've noticed more corn flies, too.

On 7/19/2020 at 5:27 PM, JohnC said:

So I go outside and my window is broken. :( 

I got 3 Ring Cameras out front and no vandals.

So I can only assume the heat did it as it’s been really hot the last couple days.

Anyone know a good place to get it fixed and re-tinted. 

2D4142E6-FBE4-4D7E-B024-81AD9354778A.jpeg

Leaked video shows John C's window breaking.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFa6LV8EEZk

whered you have it tinted in the first place?? Tint has warranties that cover that kinda thing Id think

I’m just beyond pissed...

So much bad luck with this car.

i still not got the FedEx fiasco fixed and Safelite scratches the piss out of my car and left it absolutely nasty inside and out. Dust inside, dirty seat like they crawled on the floor and sat in it etc.

A317F3CC-6412-4BEA-8BC2-B736B4EB08BE.jpeg

14 hours ago, JohnC said:

I’m just beyond pissed...

So much bad luck with this car.

i still not got the FedEx fiasco fixed and Safelite scratches the piss out of my car and left it absolutely nasty inside and out. Dust inside, dirty seat like they crawled on the floor and sat in it etc.

A317F3CC-6412-4BEA-8BC2-B736B4EB08BE.jpeg

how did they manage to make those scratches?

1 hour ago, mstrpth said:

how did they manage to make those scratches?

I have no idea other than maybe when they took the glass out, it made contact with the fender. 

I took a picture of the mileage when I left the car with them and they put 2 miles on it.

Not sure how from the shop bay to parking lot adds up to 2 miles, but I’ll ask them about that today. 

Think Ill stick with Lawrence glass for any of my window replacement needs, thats just some straight fuckery right there, not professional at all.

JohnC and Disney like this

Washed the car this AM after work.

Here goes a better picture of it.

776D0B64-97BD-451D-B768-C34A4F11453B.jpeg

I called today and their store manager wasn’t there, but the lady I spoke to gave me her email and I sent this picture of the damage to her.

So hopefully they make it right.