Chad

Random thought thread

18,780 posts in this topic

On 7/8/2020 at 10:31 PM, Ashley P said:

I kinda thought John mighta put a supercharger on SnT and it would be a couple years before it was back up and running as good as before!  :duck::D   

JohnC, I'm glad it's back, thanks for your work on it.  And best wishes for lots of diaper changes soon!  And I've got about 51 kid years of parenting experience if you need to know how not to do something. lol 

OK.... Home school or private school? 

Probably would do a Seventh Day Adventist school since they keep the Marxist politics out of their churches and curriculum. :yes: 

Oh, and if I can sneak out on the wife one day, the new TCM will go in.

Hardest part will be programming it with that Chinese knock off Tech2 -- VCX SE. :meh: 

If all goes well, I'll be out on a Saturday T&T spinning the 9" DR's at Beech Bend. :yes: 

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

Hardest part will be programming it with that Chinese knock off Tech2 -- VCX SE. :meh: 

If all goes well, I'll be out on a Saturday T&T spinning the 9" DR's at Beech Bend. :yes: 

Say when I want to see it run

JohnC likes this

50 minutes ago, Tino said:

Say when I want to see it run

I'll run it first with traction control on.

Then I'll get on my knees and pray to the Chevy axle and diff gods that my **** won't break the aforementioned parts and need towing home.

Then I'll turn traction control off and run it.

I ran 11.7 n/a with TC on with all season radials. That stuff works! :lol:

Tried to turn it off one day that Mike tried to film me and it blew the tires off way too easy.

And that was back when I was n/a.

So hope the DR's help! :hyper: 

Tino likes this

8 hours ago, JohnC said:

OK.... Home school or private school?

Haha, you know my answer. 

12 hours ago, JohnC said:

Then I'll get on my knees and pray to the Chevy axle and diff gods that my **** won't break the aforementioned parts and need towing home.

You mean like this...

20200616_221023.jpg

20200705_120543.jpg

20200705_120940.jpg

:lol:

Being an auto you will likely hit the tires softer and go easier on the rear but I dont know how weak the stock GM parts are.

Matt

21 hours ago, JohnC said:

Hardest part will be....

...the sneaking out part without creating serious marital discord, considering a baby is due any day and she MIGHT want a little well deserved help with EVERYTHING for a week or two.  

Just throwin' that out there.

JohnC likes this

7 hours ago, 66sprint6 said:

You mean like this...

20200616_221023.jpg

20200705_120543.jpg

20200705_120940.jpg

:lol:

Being an auto you will likely hit the tires softer and go easier on the rear but I dont know how weak the stock GM parts are.

Matt

When did this happen?

I've been reading up on boost for a 392 Hemi.  I'm hearing good things about the Hellion twin turbo systems.  I like turbos better for the efficiency.  People are getting Hellcat power with 8-9 psi.  The problem is the hyper-u-broke-it pistons they use in the 392.  Why would anybody use those?  A 392 car plus the kit and a piston/rod swap still comes out less than the difference between a Hellcat and a 392 Hemi car.  You would also still have cheaper insurance.  If I were to do this, it will be a while.  You kinda gotta upgrade some things on a 14 year old house after your wife was so agreeable about buying a totally unnecessary automobile.  ;)

Anybody have any opinions on Hellion?

https://www.hellionpowersystems.com/product/hellion-2006-2019-hemi-5-7l-6-1l-6-4l-sleeper-hidden-twin-turbo-system-challenger-charger-300c-magnum/

JohnC and 66sprint6 like this

14 hours ago, JohnC said:

When did this happen?

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couple weeks ago.  I went into more detail on the Shelby's thread.  

CONGRATS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt

JohnC likes this

Congrats!

Do you have her first pacifier picked out?  Her first bib?  First handgun?   lol

15 hours ago, Kevin said:

I've been reading up on boost for a 392 Hemi.  I'm hearing good things about the Hellion twin turbo systems.  I like turbos better for the efficiency.  People are getting Hellcat power with 8-9 psi.  The problem is the hyper-u-broke-it pistons they use in the 392.  Why would anybody use those?  A 392 car plus the kit and a piston/rod swap still comes out less than the difference between a Hellcat and a 392 Hemi car.  You would also still have cheaper insurance.  If I were to do this, it will be a while.  You kinda gotta upgrade some things on a 14 year old house after your wife was so agreeable about buying a totally unnecessary automobile.  ;)

Anybody have any opinions on Hellion?

https://www.hellionpowersystems.com/product/hellion-2006-2019-hemi-5-7l-6-1l-6-4l-sleeper-hidden-twin-turbo-system-challenger-charger-300c-magnum/

Can’t say I ever heard any negative feedback on the Hellion kits. :no:

And hey, we’re not getting any younger, so go ahead and do the kit first! :evild: 

Any real performance tire shops around here that can balance tires properly.

When I get over 80 mph my tires feel like they go out of balance.

Discount Tire... I'm going to have to quit going there. :shake: 

10 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Any real performance tire shops around here that can balance tires properly.

When I get over 80 mph my tires feel like they go out of balance. :shake: 

I've got a Snap On balancer in the back yard, just "sneak out" and come on over. ;)  (My brother is doing tires now, but I'm providing the site so I get some benefits.)

JohnC likes this

So I needed a new baby hauler that had room in the cab for family and the baby seat

I started searching around and was pretty shocked that dealers seem to be unloading cars and trucks for some really good discounts.

Especially, the 2019's stuck on their lots.

Covid-19 stalling the economy, tax time and the new 2021's about to roll out are probably their motivation.

So I did a total online / over the phone deal, delivered to my door on a new 2019 leftover F150 XLT Crew Cab FX4 with dealer added bed cover and liner.

Check out those discounts....

2019 F150 Discounted 1.jpg

2019 F150 Window Sticker.jpg

I couldn't pass that much of a discount up!

Now at first I was disappointed it wasn't a 5.0L or 3.5L TT Ecoboost truck, but after driving it around, I don't miss the bigger engines at all as it actually felt like it had power all the time (rated 325hp / 400lbs tq).

It gets pretty good gas mileage, too.

mstrpth and Cody like this