18,434 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Cody said:

I paid 1.19 instead because I wasn't waiting in a 30 car line lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'll pay more not to waste time. :yes: 

2010 Camaro 2SS RS with only 9k miles for $19k in Cyber Gray:

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=571632

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/497981287750490/

2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS looking for a new home. Cyber Gray with black stripes. Fully Loaded. Single owner, never smoked. Winter garaged and has never seen snow or salt. Asking $19,750

Modifications from stock:
- Cold Air Inductions Cold Air Intake (stock intake included)
- American Racing Headers Long Tube Headers w/ High Flow Cats (stock headers included)
- Noweeds Exhaust Diverter System w/ Electronic Switch
- Engine and Transmission Tune by Corvettes of Westchester
- LED Sidemarkers and LED "Afterburner" Taillights
- SS Floor Mats (stock mats included)
- Matte black vinyl Chevy emblems
- No front plate drilled into bumper (Show n' Go Retractable License Plate Holder included, never installed)
- Trickle Charger included
- California Car Cover included
- No accidents, clean title
- Not interested in trades

ls1adam84 likes this

In my nearly 5 months of Challenger ownership, I have joined a few Challenger groups on Facebook.  I enjoy them all, but I've noticed that a large segment of Challenger owners are what I would lump into the group we used to call "ricers".  Lighting seems to be huge.  These guys/gals put lighting in the interior, under the car, in the grill, in the hood scoops, in the wheel openings, etc.  Multicolored Halo lights are big.  Cat scratch decals on the nose/bumper are big too.  Is this trend something that's specific to late model Mopars or do Ford/Chevy/Import guys do it too.  This phenomenon isn't as prevalent in the T/A and 392 Hemi/Hellcat groups.

Disney, JohnC and 66sprint6 like this

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

In my nearly 5 months of Challenger ownership, I have joined a few Challenger groups on Facebook.  I enjoy them all, but I've noticed that a large segment of Challenger owners are what I would lump into the group we used to call "ricers".  Lighting seems to be huge.  These guys/gals put lighting in the interior, under the car, in the grill, in the hood scoops, in the wheel openings, etc.  Multicolored Halo lights are big.  Cat scratch decals on the nose/bumper are big too.  Is this trend something that's specific to late model Mopars or do Ford/Chevy/Import guys do it too.  This phenomenon isn't as prevalent in the T/A and 392 Hemi/Hellcat groups.

I don't see it much with the Mustang and Camaro crowd. :no: 

My it's just the V6'ers?

I've seen a lot of people say the new dodge people are the new ricers. My buddy bought a 14 shaker edition and it's been a struggle. Only douches talk to him about it and why are parts 4 times as much.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JohnC likes this

7 hours ago, Kevin said:

It's not just the challengers and chargers. I've seen mustangs and camaros  riced out. They put those multi colored lights everywhere and they also install those big clear wings 

ls1adam84 likes this

I thi8nk it's because newer cars are so much more intimidating when it comes to mods. On an 80s-90s muscle car you could order tons of little parts, pretty cheap, and bolt them on in a few hours and maybe gain a little power. Headers, TB, MAF pullies, etc. etc. It was super simple for any below average wrench to do with a craftsman 88pc tool kit. New cars aren't the same. Want a new TB for that Challenger? That'll be $1200 and you need a laptop and tuner to set it up. 

mstrpth, Ashley P, Tino and 1 other like this

22 hours ago, Disney said:

I thi8nk it's because newer cars are so much more intimidating when it comes to mods. On an 80s-90s muscle car you could order tons of little parts, pretty cheap, and bolt them on in a few hours and maybe gain a little power. Headers, TB, MAF pullies, etc. etc. It was super simple for any below average wrench to do with a craftsman 88pc tool kit. New cars aren't the same. Want a new TB for that Challenger? That'll be $1200 and you need a laptop and tuner to set it up. 

$1,200.00 is insane for a TB.

To me, not enough power gain to want it at that price.

But you can make from 480 to a bit over 500 rwhp n/a on a stock intake and TB, so unless you're trying to be the fastest n/a car, I just don't see it. :no: 

11 hours ago, JohnC said:

$1,200.00 is insane for a TB.

Remember that a late model TB also includes the "fly by wire" motor and sensors. 

On 3/28/2020 at 2:13 PM, Kevin said:

Its in the Mustang and Camaro side as well and its eeeeeeverywhere.  Im all for modding for performance and making the car look how you want but MOST of the junk people spend BIG money on these things is not for me.  Most of the cars I see around have enough in 3m tape alone that I could get a used blower upgrade and 100 more whp.:no:

2 hours ago, ls1adam84 said:

Hey y'all! How's it going?

I know I have been a ghost for quite a few months.

So far so good here.  Honestly...at first it was super annoying and a little stressful but now were kinda getting the swing of things and Im loving the extra time with Luke and Kathleen.  Ill miss that most of all when this BS is over and things go back to normal.  I really really hope everyone comes out of it ok tho, thats my biggest anxiety at the moment.

Matt

Tino, JohnC and ls1adam84 like this

2 hours ago, ls1adam84 said:

Hey y'all! How's it going?

I know I have been a ghost for quite a few months.

I'm good. :up:

Where ya been?

Anything new done to your hotrod?

I still got the Camaro SS and when this Corona BS is over, I'm going to order some new stickier tires for the track to see what she'll run with the ProCharger. :hyper: 

ls1adam84, Tino and Cody like this

48 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I'm good. :up:

Where ya been?

Anything new done to your hotrod?

I still got the Camaro SS and when this Corona BS is over, I'm going to order some new stickier tires for the track to see what she'll run with the ProCharger. :hyper: 

All good here, the wee little daughter is now 13 months old and walking and just a funny kid.

Nothing new done to the Camaro, and actually I really thought about it, and I really want my daughter and wife to join in the car fun. SO i am thinking of either selling the Camaro with the 5.3 block, and all the parts, then buying some old possibly 60's Buick to go to cruise-ins as a family. Or maybe a third gen camaro or foxbody to go have some fun with as a family.

Really sucks as I was really looking forward to getting some of the progress done on the car, but I know that they won't get as much anjoyment out of going racing as I do, and it ain't about me anymore lol.

Ashley P and Tino like this

1 hour ago, ls1adam84 said:

All good here, the wee little daughter is now 13 months old and walking and just a funny kid.

Nothing new done to the Camaro, and actually I really thought about it, and I really want my daughter and wife to join in the car fun. SO i am thinking of either selling the Camaro with the 5.3 block, and all the parts, then buying some old possibly 60's Buick to go to cruise-ins as a family. Or maybe a third gen camaro or foxbody to go have some fun with as a family.

Really sucks as I was really looking forward to getting some of the progress done on the car, but I know that they won't get as much anjoyment out of going racing as I do, and it ain't about me anymore lol.

Family Foxbody FTW!  Social Distancing Picnic at its finest. 

20200328_140729.jpg

Ide love a 60's big Ford Wagon but till then this sucker gets the job done just fine.  Its silly but the amount of fun I have cruising this thing around with the Family vs Kathleen's Edge or even my Shelby is 10x more.

Matt

Cody, Ashley P and Disney like this

@gammey4 where is the LT1 Camaro build thread? :hyper: 

@JohnC I actually just did a cam, tune, and long tubes for a guy I work with on his 18 camaro. Pulling the radiator out on these cars is a lot more difficult than it needs to be. But it picked up a bunch of power and still cruises around like stock. He has a 6 speed and right now there are now stall converters available. That's what I'm waiting on for mine. I'm currently laid off from work so I've been turning wrenches at my buddies shop out in Columbia. You should bring your car by and let me fix all that little crap wrong with it.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

JohnC, Tino, Disney and 2 others like this

The camaro Facebook group's are just as bad.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

SOB.... :wall: 

Was on my way home 5am when all the sudden my car goes in to AC Off mode because of supposed over heating.

Temp gauge in the dash was cold. Digital readout was ---F. 

Turn the car off and tried to turn it back on to see of it goes away and it won't start. 

I then checked my coolant system...  No leaks that I can see. The radiator was full. Top hose was hot. Radiator was cool to the touch. Low radiator hose was cool. T-stat housing was hot. Heater hose was hot. Heater worked.

I always bring a OBD2 scanner and/or my HP Tuners and Laptop.

So plugged in the HP Tuners OBD2 and got on HPT and cleared the code and then it fired right up. 

For maybe a half mile from the gas station to home was 198F via HP Tuners log.

Checked radiator and lower radiator hose and they were still cool, yet everything else was hot.

So do I have a bad t-stat or is it an air pocket in the cooling system? 

If it is a air pocket, am I lifting the head?

I did get in to boost o the way home part throttle...... 

35bf12cf98e405abb1d82f77abf9a11f.jpg

I'm puzzled at how your dash gave ---F, yet scanner said 198F.    When you say "A/C off because of supposed overheating.."  what gave you that idea of overheat?